• Who would you vote for right now?

• Total voters

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What we have here ladies and gentlemen is what we call an ultimatum. A vote not for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Gary Johnson will not win. I notice how when a NeverTrump conservative is asked who they are voting for on tv, you get an "uhhhhh.... Well....... Hmmmmmm...... Did you get all that?" Ask yourself frankly... Do you REALLY want Hillary in there? Do you want a SJW liberal on the SC bench?
    Once again, not voting for one candidate is not the same as voting for the other. You have to actually vote for someone to vote for them.

Let's illustrate
    1 Vote for Hillary
    1 Vote for Donald
    I vote for Gary

Hillary does not have more votes than Donald
    1 vote for Hillary
    1 vote for Donald
    1 vote for Hillary

Now Hillary has more votes.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Once again, not voting for one candidate is not the same as voting for the other. You have to actually vote for someone to vote for them.

Let's illustrate
    1 Vote for Hillary
    1 Vote for Donald
    I vote for Gary

1 vote for Hillary
    1 vote for Donald
    1 vote for Hillary

By throwing that vote to "Gary", in fact wasted the vote. (Because he can't win) That vote could have been better used to vote for a candidate that has a better chance at beating Hillary. So by voting for anyone else but that one candidate that can beat Hillary, would be taking a vote away from that candidate, therefore just giving it to Hillary. Wasted Vote.

Now for those guys to say it doesn't matter because Indiana is a Red state anyway........Blah..Blah..Blah...

I have 100 single 1 dollar bills and I give 100 strippers each one dollar BUT if my real goal was to give Candy 100 dollars, then I just deprived Candy of 99 dollars by wasting it on all the other strippers. Now Candy is going to treat me like all the other Johns and I won't get my "Special" time with her.

So don't waste your vote on bimbos because I want my Candy. :xmad:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Let's illustrate
    1 Vote for Hillary
    1 Vote for Donald
    I vote for Gary

1 vote for Hillary
    1 vote for Donald
    1 vote for Hillary

Voting for Gary means one less vote that counters a Hillary one. Especially if it's on a candidate that has no chance of winning. If only we had the unity that the left seems to have.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    At a family gathering yesterday there was lamenting about how bad Trump is. I put out the question: "who would you prefer to nominate the next Supreme Court justice?" There was an abrupt silence . I suggested that alone is enough to vote for Trump.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Quick thought experiement, directed at the third party guys........Lets say you have a vote for who will rule your life. You have Trump, Hilary, and me. Now its 100% for sure that i wont win. So what are you gonna do? You know for sure hilary is awful. You know for sure Trump is no where near as awful as hilary and will actually do things like build a wall, allow the FBI to go after terrorists, actually go after isis, etc. So do you sit there and vote for me cuz you like me better, and possibly allow hilary to win? NO you wouldnt. By "voting your conscience" you are helping the party that you for sure dont want. You are helping the worse of two evils. And if you have a choice, how can you not allow the worse one to get in?!?!??!?! unreal.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Quick thought experiement, directed at the third party guys........Lets say you have a vote for who will rule your life. You have Trump, Hilary, and me. Now its 100% for sure that i wont win. So what are you gonna do? You know for sure hilary is awful. You know for sure Trump is no where near as awful as hilary and will actually do things like build a wall, allow the FBI to go after terrorists, actually go after isis, etc. So do you sit there and vote for me cuz you like me better, and possibly allow hilary to win? NO you wouldnt. By "voting your conscience" you are helping the party that you for sure dont want. You are helping the worse of two evils. And if you have a choice, how can you not allow the worse one to get in?!?!??!?! unreal.

Beauty of democracy is that I can vote for whoever I want.
    Now do I use that vote for someone who I want to be president or waste it on a hilary fanboy, constitution shredding, no-nothing, self promoting snake oil salesman?

One day, in our lifetimes, we'll have to start voting for who we want to win, not just whoever the Republicans put up simply because "they aren't democrats" (though in Trump's case he's spent as much time being a democrat)

Keep up the voting for the lesser of two evils bit and we'll always get the evil we deserve.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Voting for Gary means one less vote that counters a Hillary one. Especially if it's on a candidate that has no chance of winning. If only we had the unity that the left seems to have.

A vote for Johnson is a vote for the douchebag.

A vote for Hillary is a vote for a criminal.

A vote for Trump is a vote for a con artist.

Those are the choices. Of course only two of those will be the next president. But consider this. You are basing your opinion about your strategic preference on an assumption that Trump actually believes in what he says, and will actually do it. We've shown example after example of him changing with the wind. I think it's a fair extrapolation for people to make that as Trump has flopped on issues thus far, he will flop on issues once elected.

My only calculation in deciding for the time being that I'll vote for Trump, is that he will nominate more conservative justices than Hillary will. He's not doing a terrific job in keeping me in belief of that. And if he convinces me he's lying about that, I will rest easy joining GFGT in writing in Al Bundy for President. And if Hillary wins. I didn't vote for her. I don't care what your new strategic voting math says.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Beauty of democracy is that I can vote for whoever I want.
    Now do I use that vote for someone who I want to be president or waste it on a hilary fanboy, constitution shredding, no-nothing, self promoting snake oil salesman?

One day, in our lifetimes, we'll have to start voting for who we want to win, not just whoever the Republicans put up simply because "they aren't democrats" (though in Trump's case he's spent as much time being a democrat)

Keep up the voting for the lesser of two evils bit and we'll always get the evil we deserve.

No. Not gonna happen. Until our system no longer produces just two viable options--face it, third-party isn't viable in a first past the post system--the masses will vote strategically.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No. Not gonna happen. Until our system no longer produces just two viable options--face it, third-party isn't viable in a first past the post system--the masses will vote strategically.

Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours sometime? A lot can happen in the next 60 years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours sometime? A lot can happen in the next 60 years.

It doesn't require a crystal ball or magic. It's just taking the logical conclusion of how humans will behave given our voting system. Our system encourages strategic voting. And as long as it does, people will continue to do it. Now, if one of the things that happens in the next 60 years causes us to change how we elect our government, then everyone can feel free to vote for the candidate we want, rather than against the candidate we don't want.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    BFS! Trump shows the right has no such thing. Did you actually say that with a straight face?

Really!? Is that why he has lock step support from the right like the lock step support hitlary has from the left?
    There are people on the right tripping over themselves to get a contested convention and anybody but trump in there.
    Tell me another bedtime story please.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really!? Is that why he has lock step support from the right like the lock step support hitlary has from the left?
    There are people on the right tripping over themselves to get a contested convention and anybody but trump in there
    Tell me another bedtime story please.

Your post is logically inconsistent. If people on the right are "tripping over themselves," to dethrone Trump, doesnt that kinda imply that the "standards" within the right aren't exactly universally recognized? The right has proven that it will embrace carpetbaggers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Meanwhile.... The left throws **** up against the wall to see what sticks...
    What doesn't slime it's way down gets the masses to vote for it.
    Is there a never hitlary movement out there to rival the nevertrump group or now that comrad bernie is out has the full support of the DNC and the left got behind hitlary?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meanwhile.... The left throws **** up against the wall to see what sticks...
    What doesn't slime it's way down gets the masses to vote for it.
    Is there a never hitlary movement out there to rival the nevertrump group or now that comrad bernie is out has the full support of the DNC and the left got behind hitlary?

Did I say the left has standards?...... let me check my posts........ nope, I didn't. Both parties suffer from the same ailments, hence why I refuse to identify with either. They're both chalked full of hypocrites, it just so happens, that this election cycle, the right has REALLY gone off the deep end.

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown

If I have to vote for who will rule my life, then I'm not voting. Why give legitimacy to a system rigged for me to lose?
    My time would be better served banding together with other like minded, personal freedom loving individuals and building a social and economic community with them.

So that when the day comes that the illegitimate 'ruler' comes knocking on one of our doors, they must deal with us all and not just me individually. This is where America has failed. It's not our politicians, or the corporations, or even the SJW nut jobs. It's us, the people; we no longer get to know our neighbors, we don't bond with our communities, most of us don't even bond with our own families anymore. If you don't do these things, how can we respect each other and in turn, be respected ourselves, if we don't talk to each other as equals despite our varying opinions? How else would you know if the drunk old loner in the house trailer down the road was a child molester, or a good natured Vet that lost his job at the mill and no family left to help him get turned around? No, instead we assume he's part of the bottom feeders, looking for a hand out and consuming our tax dollars (right); or we assume he's a good person that just needs a never ending safety net to keep him comfortable, even if he really does turn out to be a wife beating drunken child molester (left).

So what is the answer? GOVERNMENT! Let society deal with this man, I'm too busy to actually talk to him and determine for myself whether or not he is worth helping. So let's have Government run back ground and id checks on him because he may be an illegal immigrant, make a couple complaints to the city because his lawn wasn't mowed this week, maybe he's a Muslim and should be deported (right). OR let's expand and extend food stamps and government health care; after all, no-one wants to be a drunk jobless slob that stays home all day. But make sure he doesn't own a gun or a Confederate flag, or speak against the system; those people are just too stupid to help (left) and should go to GITMO.

The point is, we've lost our sense of community, base moral fiber (doesn't have to be religious), and we no longer respect Personal Freedom. We'd rather our Elected Masters deal with our problems instead of dealing with them ourselves. Morals have either disappeared completely or just went bat sh** crazy. I would consider SJW's to be immoral, not for what they claim to support but because they are hypocrites and don't respect others with countering opinions. The Religious right is the other side of the spectrum and will judge Adam and Steve guilty without trial all the while ignoring their pedophile priest. What people do in their home is none of your business so long as it is consensual and doesn't harm anyone else. You having to talk to your kid about gays kissing does NOT harm you, just as me walking down the street open carrying does NOT harm the soccer mom. Maybe if we all talked WITH each other more than talking TO each other, we'd find out that there are 95% of things we agree on and we can focus on those more than the 5% we differ, and we don't have to call the cops or elect the Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwich because they promise to enforce my side of the 5%.

Side Note: Unless you're in the military, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for you to be concerned with ISIS. They do bad things so we pay attention to them and go kick down their ant hills, so they then can rally more support because they look like the under dogs fighting the military super power that is the USA. It's a trap, making you afraid and/or/then angry is the goal, because you are easy to predict and manipulate when responding at an emotional level.

Second Side Note: Trump is more of a flip flopper than even Romney and don't be surprised when he comes for our guns and more of our personal freedoms (I do think he'll end up winning). He'll institute single payer health care, expand government by leaps and bounds, increase the cost of living for the middle class, if it looks like public opinion will support it- he'll reduce gun rights. And oh yes, he and by proxy the Republic Party will be blamed when the economy tanks (brought about by the combination of: student loan bubble, automation, collapsing Euro, US unfunded liabilities); so enjoy the Dem president in 2020. Just remember, if you voted for Romney in 2012, it was a wasted vote, he didn't win and I would argue that anyone paying attention knew he wasn't going to win - only got 38% of the electoral votes.)

"If you don't stand for something, You will fall for anything." Voting for one person, because they aren't the other person, is not standing for something, it's just going where the political current will take you.

Top Bottom