Poll: large number of Republicans Believe we may have to take the law into our own hands

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Serious question about the original topic.

Did the founding fathers offer any recourse other than taking up arms? I should be better educated on this than I am but I don't believe I've really heard any other alternatives if the ballot box ceases to be viable.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Serious question about the original topic. Did the founding fathers offer any recourse other than taking up arms? I should be better educated on this than I am but I don't believe I've really heard any other alternatives if the ballot box ceases to be viable.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    In

Did the founding fathers offer any recourse other than taking up arms? I should be better educated on this than I am but I don't believe I've really heard any other alternatives if the ballot box ceases to be viable.
    In all seriousness it is still; soapbox, ballotbox, jurybox, ammobox.

That list is not hyperbole, or out of sequence.

Constitutionalists have another shot in 18 months. Everyone who cares had better do all they can to educate via the soapbox before then. Though it's tough to overcome the censorship. I'm considering resorting to disposable signs.

I still have some hope for the jury box, most especially if demonstrable fraud is shown in Arizona.

The most immediate focus I believe needs to be on local and State offices to build a solid constitutionalist base who will fight for their autonomy under the 10th Amendment.

Indiana right now is just to weak, as demonstrated by the Constitutional Carry bill by "our friends" in the Republican controlled Senate.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

I believe a Convention Of the States to redress the overreaching of the Federal government. But there are risks involved.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    When I lived in Illinois this was discussed on a state level and I was always against it. What I amd many others always feared was that after opening the process the liberal majority would not stick to the stated reasons for the process. They would then concentrate not on the intended reasons but switch to their liberal wish list and with their liberal majority destroy what safeguards we still had. Once Pandora's box is opened you never know what will slither out. Jim.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    When I lived in Illinois this was discussed on a state level and I was always against it. What I amd many others always feared was that after opening the process the liberal majority would not stick to the stated reasons for the process. They would then concentrate not on the intended reasons but switch to their liberal wish list and with their liberal majority destroy what safeguards we still had. Once Pandora's box is opened you never know what will slither out. Jim.
    Definitely risky at this stage of the game. I don't think I'd be in favor of it until we get our elections un****ed and get people who were actually voted into office, into office.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    In the words of @BigRed, “secession.”

In all seriousness, if the American people don’t take to the streets and take the country back, we’re doomed. I’m not one for mob mentality, but at this stage of the game, it’s pretty much the only option left BEFORE the ammo box. But I don’t think we could do it successfully since the division has been cemented.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    The Amendment process is an avenue, as opposed to the Constitutional Convention process. I've often thought of one of a couple of avenues. One is a single comprehensive well-written amendment proposal presented to each state to place on the ballot themselves with the stipulation that it must be exact and verbatim to the proposal with the encompassing state proposal requiring any constitutional convention representatives to only put forth exactly what was passed without deviation and direction that any representative to the convention which deviated was to be immediately replaced.

Another option is a series of much smaller amendments put forth by enough states which would pressure Congress to execute the amount of process.

The safer avenue is probably "whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution", thus my focus on State and local changes above.

Simple amendments to limit taxation of US citizens and residents to one method of revenue generation, applied in equal measure to each citizen with an option of a threshold below which you're not taxed. (Generate revenue externally to what the market will bear) and when I say one method of revenue generation, I mean just that. No other fees taxes nothing!

Recind automatic citizenship if born here. We can figure out what it takes to be a citizen later.

Prohibit any individual from being paid from the US Treasury for more than 20 years, excepting military service. Retroactive.

Clear definition that only individual US citizens theoretically capable of serving can vote.

Stipulation that only US citizens may interact with or contribute money to elected representatives. Specify than non-citizens which do so and elected representatives which knowingly receive funds or direction from non-citizens commit treason. Punishable by death. No organization, partnership or other entity may be accorded the Rights and privelidges of a citizen of the United States. (Have to break Citizens United)

Stipulation that ALL citizens and lawful residents are members of the unorganized militia. (remove it from law, and put it in the Constitution)

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    In the words of @BigRed, “secession.”

In all seriousness, if the American people don’t take to the streets and take the country back, we’re doomed. I’m not one for mob mentality, but at this stage of the game, it’s pretty much the only option left BEFORE the ammo box. But I don’t think we could do it successfully since the division has been cemented.
    Not to mention with the left constantly whining about colonialism, is that the current dynamic of the US in the current day is pretty much neo-colonialism where the urban left sit back and enjoy their soylent funko-pop figures while Americans in flyover country toil to farm their food, and send our sons to die in who-knows-where for their corporate interests.

In fact, I would even start demanding that the urban left gives flyover America reparations. After all, why should we work hard for the USD when some leftie with bidenbux gets it for free and buys resources straight out of the hands of the hardworking American?

Top Bottom