• JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Could get spicy in Akron!

Police tried to pull over Jayland Walker, a 25-year-old DoorDash driver, for a traffic infraction early Monday, authorities said. Autopsy records show that eight officers fired more than 90 rounds at Walker, with more than 60 striking his body,

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "...Walker fired a shot from his vehicle."

I'm out. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Its now not only expected that they can run from police without consequence, but they can also shoot at officers with no repercussions.

I'm not saying that JUST firing a shot was a death sentence, but it sure doesnt make me give cops more doubt.

I dont think so, homey.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it appears that the common narrative online is "UNARMED 25 year old black Door Dash driver killed."
    So yeah, the suspected age of the pic seems accurate.

Akron PD needs to get out of front of this NOW with photos of his weapon. (which Im sure some will say was planted)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "...Walker fired a shot from his vehicle."

I'm out. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Its now not only expected that they can run from police without consequence, but they can also shoot at officers with no repercussions.

I'm not saying that JUST firing a shot was a death sentence, but it sure doesnt make me give cops more doubt.

I dont think so, homey.
    Mostly agree, but how many cops would it take to fire 90 rounds (assuming handguns), with 60 striking his body? I'm guessing after the first 10 or so, he was probably no longer a threat.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    His youthful appearance does not mean innocence. Baby Face Nelson was a notorious killer and bank robber in the 1930s.
    Sixty hits probably mean that he was outside the vehicle, but not necessarily. Body cams or other videos would be informative.

Each officer would be shooting independently. You do not wait to see if your partner is going to shoot. That would explain the number of shots. How long was he standing? Hopefully no one was still shooting if Walker was motionless on the ground. That is what help to convict Van Dyke CPD in Chicago.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    4 officers, 1 mag dump each. As somebody else said, firing independently its not unreasonable with enough officers on scene.
    And was HE HIT 60 times, or was his CAR hit 60 times, or did they find 60 shell casings? Important distinctions.
    The article said that 90 shots were fired with 60 hitting his body.

Edit: The article didn't say that. The OP did. So... :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Autopsy records show that eight officers fired more than 90 rounds at Walker, with more than 60 striking his body,
    Where did you see this? The article didn't say anything like this.

From the article:

"They had not been able to determine how many times he was shot. Police have not said how many officers were involved or how many rounds were fired."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed. At first glance, it seems like an excessive response. But why was he running from the police? Why did he fire a shot during the pursuit? Maybe he's not a "monster", but he's he was certainly an idiot.
    The whole “fired a shot at police” is a good indicator that it’s not so simple. But probably waiting for more details to come out is racist.

Top Bottom