• Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    From the rules...

6) Do not post any written content that is not yours on IndianaGunOwners.com.
    Do not post news articles, content from blogs or any other content from sites around the web on IndianaGunOwners.com . Feel free to post your own words and a link to the content but DO NOT copy and paste any text that does not belong to you on IndianaGunOwners.com.

The staff has seen quite a few of these recently. We've been editing them when we can. But it's getting a bit tiresome. Please post a link to the article and maybe a few quotes from it. We really don't want to start handing out infractions.

Thanks!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think we all know who you are referring to.... yes, very annoying.
    Actually, I wasnt pointing to anybody in particular. I see it on FB more than here. But its annoying AF. (especially when its a major group like BearingArms, etc)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Can you please hand out infractions for stuff posted thats behind a paywall? :): That's annoying AF. (doesnt happen that much, but still)
    The paywall may not apply to everyone.

Some sites allow x number of articles per (insert time period) for free. No one knows what sites you visit, so free for me may not show up for you.

I subscribe to a local paper, some of their articles are free for everyone, but not all. I'm not going to sign out to see which ones are.

Some articles disappear behind a paywall after a set period (or when click counts get high), so it might have been free when posted.

Some folks use browsers and addons that defeat some paywalls, your setup might not.

I always try to post multiple articles when I can, so that as many folks can follow along as possible.

Now, anyone who posts links to FaceBook, Twitter, or TikTok should be auto banned, IMO. Those aren't paywalls they are black holes where sanity is sucked away.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I assume you would give us a head's up, should we push the limits too far? I for one, try hard to not break the rules, while still getting enough of a quote in the post to get the message across.

Just making sure that official press releases are legit to copy and paste? Like for example, ISP press releases? Isn't that what a press release is for?

A note on the paywall stuff; A lot of the time, the "preview" from the posted link tells the gist of the story in the link we cannot get to without subscription.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    where you have to be a subscriber to actually view the article. Whether a free login or paid account.

e.g. OP posts an article from the WSJ for instance, and when you click the link you see the first paragraph (at best) and then it says "to read the rest, subscribe. (or create a free account)

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    where you have to be a subscriber to actually view the article. Whether a free login or paid account.

e.g. OP posts an article from the WSJ for instance, and when you click the link you see the first paragraph (at best) and then it says "to read the rest, subscribe. (or create a free account)
    Beat me by seconds. LOL

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Oh so like when you click on a story on the Bongino report or other news sites and it takes you to another website and you have to log On or subscribe.

Yeah it is annoying as all get out.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I assume you would give us a head's up, should we push the limits too far? I for one, try hard to not break the rules, while still getting enough of a quote in the post to get the message across.

Just making sure that official press releases are legit to copy and paste? Like for example, ISP press releases? Isn't that what a press release is for?

A note on the paywall stuff; A lot of the time, the "preview" from the posted link tells the gist of the story in the link we cannot get to without subscription.

The ISP stuff is fine. KellyinAvon has educated me on that.

We've had a number of plain old copy-n-paste of the entire articles again lately.

Top Bottom