• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    The gun show at the armory was awesome. I picked up everything I needed to get the gun initially put together so I can get a feel for what I can do with it.

It was a parts grab. I just wanted to complete it this weekend because I wanted to know I could get the parts.

I really want to see what I'm buying in person. It was important for me to touch the upper assembly before buying it.

I picked up an Apache complete pistol upper for a song. The company has been in business since the nineties so I'm going to give them a shot.

The barrel is slimmer in the middle so there is a natural place to hold the barrel when shooting.

It is perfect for me since I have small hands and some flexibility issues with them.

The buffer tube holder is perfect for my short arms and limited range of motion.

Although I love her as she sits, I ordered some parts to dress her up.

The company I ordered from is Tactical Galaxy. They've been in the business for a minute and seem to make some decent parts. Although I do admit some of the reviews are mixed. However the majority were positive. Most of the parts I bought were more for looks and color.

I'll post updated pictures when my new parts arrive.

I even picked up a set of old school looking metal sites.

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_152220.jpg
      IMG_20210511_152220.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 30
    • IMG_20210511_152802.jpg
      IMG_20210511_152802.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 28
    • 00000IMG_00000_BURST20210511152337652_COVER.jpg
      00000IMG_00000_BURST20210511152337652_COVER.jpg
      3.7 MB · Views: 27
    • IMG_20210511_152846.jpg
      IMG_20210511_152846.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 27

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Yesterday I stopped by my local gun store looking for a sling rail mount. I didn't find one of those but I did find this.

I just happened to ask if he had anything new and he had one of the workers bring it out from the back.

It's a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. I know absolutely nothing about it but I love the way it feels in my hands. It's almost like somebody built it just for me.

I couldn't even tell you if it's a real AR. I haven't had time to check it out yet. I brought it home, took pictures, put it away and finished my errands. Then I worked all day today.

It's the first affordable one like it I've seen. Besides, I was wanting another 22 to plink with.

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_174652.jpg
      IMG_20210511_174652.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 9
    • IMG_20210511_174715.jpg
      IMG_20210511_174715.jpg
      2.4 MB · Views: 9

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yesterday I stopped by my local gun store looking for a sling rail mount. I didn't find one of those but I did find this.

I just happened to ask if he had anything new and he had one of the workers bring it out from the back.

It's a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. I know absolutely nothing about it but I love the way it feels in my hands. It's almost like somebody built it just for me.

I couldn't even tell you if it's a real AR. I haven't had time to check it out yet. I brought it home, took pictures, put it away and finished my errands. Then I worked all day today.

It's the first affordable one like it I've seen. Besides, I was wanting another 22 to plink with.

They are very popular. See them a lot on the range and in competition.

Wow, no AR's to two AR's in less than two weeks! :ar15::ar15:

:rockwoot:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My daughter wants something like this.

1620875811388.png
    Is this type of coating they apply at a shop or do they actually sell parts that have this already? She calls it Muddy Girl 15.

sethr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Putnam County
    The gun show at the armory was awesome. I picked up everything I needed to get the gun initially put together so I can get a feel for what I can do with it.

It was a parts grab. I just wanted to complete it this weekend because I wanted to know I could get the parts.

I really want to see what I'm buying in person. It was important for me to touch the upper assembly before buying it.

I picked up an Apache complete pistol upper for a song. The company has been in business since the nineties so I'm going to give them a shot.

The barrel is slimmer in the middle so there is a natural place to hold the barrel when shooting.

It is perfect for me since I have small hands and some flexibility issues with them.

The buffer tube holder is perfect for my short arms and limited range of motion.

Although I love her as she sits, I ordered some parts to dress her up.

The company I ordered from is Tactical Galaxy. They've been in the business for a minute and seem to make some decent parts. Although I do admit some of the reviews are mixed. However the majority were positive. Most of the parts I bought were more for looks and color.

I'll post updated pictures when my new parts arrive.

I even picked up a set of old school looking metal sites.
    Nice rifle; not very "girlie" though.
    Should have Snowflake lower, then paint.
    I'm working on one now. Totally painted and white snowflakes. 14.5" Faxon Pencil barrel.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    They are very popular. See them a lot on the range and in competition.

Wow, no AR's to two AR's in less than two weeks! :ar15::ar15:

:rockwoot:
    I know right? I might have a problem. :-) I told my son it's my midlife crisis. LOL.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy

Awesome! I picked up the rifle version 2 weeks ago from Atkinson, but wish I'd been a little more diligent with my research prior to purchase. Seems the 25 round magazines for the 15-22 are pretty much non-existent at all the normal retail outlets, but plentiful on ebay for well north of $100 a pop!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Awesome! I picked up the rifle version 2 weeks ago from Atkinson, but wish I'd been a little more diligent with my research prior to purchase. Seems the 25 round magazines for the 15-22 are pretty much non-existent at all the normal retail outlets, but plentiful on ebay for well north of $100 a pop!
    Sounds like I'm only going to have one magazine for a little while. No way I'm giving $100 for one magazine. At least not this week.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I received the accent parts. I may end up adding a matching ambidextrous safety to brighten it up just a little bit more.

I'm still looking for a barrel sling mount and a sweet leather 3-point sling.

However none of these things will prevent me from taking her to the range when I get the time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210514_201606.jpg
      IMG_20210514_201606.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 20
    • IMG_20210514_201404.jpg
      IMG_20210514_201404.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 20

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I received the accent parts. I may end up adding a matching ambidextrous safety to brighten it up just a little bit more.

I'm still looking for a barrel sling mount and a sweet leather 3-point sling.

However none of these things will prevent me from taking her to the range when I get the time.
    Very nice
    Does the SBA4 brace you posted earlier fit on the buffer tube?

Top Bottom