• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Since I have an astigmatism, red dots bloom for me, even with prescription glasses. I was wondering if anyone makes a prism sight that is compatible with pistols. Not AR pistols, but compact striker fired pistols with a slide cut.

Thanks!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    just letting you know you weren't purposefully ignored.... I have no knowledge of a pistol prism red dot... I would like one myself. I had never thought about the concept. I don;t think it's could be done from an engineering/practical stand point. but I have no clue

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Not that I'm aware of,.....yet. Did a quick search and found an ad for a Bushnell that they claim is the smallest prism sight on the market and it looks like a TRS-25.

"The Bushnell Tac Optics Lil' P(rism) measures just 2.5 inches and weighs 4.4 oz., making it the smallest prism sight on the market."

Big, heavy, for a slide mounted sight.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    just letting you know you weren't purposefully ignored.... I have no knowledge of a pistol prism red dot... I would like one myself. I had never thought about the concept. I don;t think it's could be done from an engineering/practical stand point. but I have no clue
    Didn't mean to suggest that I was being ignored, but yeah, I can see where you could get that from what I wrote. It was kinda short and a bit...witchy...sounding.

I honestly meant that since nobody replied that nobody knew of any.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Didn't mean to suggest that I was being ignored, but yeah, I can see where you could get that from what I wrote. It was kinda short and a bit...witchy...sounding.

I honestly meant that since nobody replied that nobody knew of any.
    I figured there was no malintent, I just wanted to voice it. I was curious when I saw the post earlier.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The problem is not going to be making a Prism small enough for a handgun, the problem is going to be eye relief. Since prism's have a reticle like a rifle scope, they have to have an eye relief.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Depending on how bad the bloom is, it can still be a useful tool. Buy the smallest dot there is. The bloom makes it bigger... But, guess what? Still a dot.

I had laserbeams installed in my eyes last summer. I STILL have a bit of blooming going on with a RMR. Not happy about that...

Plus, corrective lenses should still correct the bloom.

Again, though, a bloomed dot is still better than no dot.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Depending on how bad the bloom is, it can still be a useful tool. Buy the smallest dot there is. The bloom makes it bigger... But, guess what? Still a dot.

I had laserbeams installed in my eyes last summer. I STILL have a bit of blooming going on with a RMR. Not happy about that...

Plus, corrective lenses should still correct the bloom.

Again, though, a bloomed dot is still better than no dot.
    This is what I have settled on doing. I may not be as accurate in long yardage, but I honestly do not foresee me needing to keep 15 shots in a 1" group at 25 yards. I'm not saying that I may never have to take a shot at that distance, but I'm okay with them being center-mass shots.

Top Bottom