• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayou Rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    I’m hearing rumors that the Government is attempting to ban pistol braces. Some rumblings say the Government withdrew their letter to ban them and others say the letter to the Legislature has not been withdrawn. Has anyone heard anything concrete on this issue or why they want pistol braces banned?

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    The letter was withdrawn, but i would expect them to attack again.

As for why, they're anti-2nd amendment of course, and they thought there wouldn't be much of a fight, like with bump stocks.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Yeah it was withdrawn. Probably to be added to a much bigger plan later on. Just pile it on at one time is my guess. :twocents:

Bayou Rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    The letter was withdrawn, but i would expect them to attack again.

As for why, they're anti-2nd amendment of course, and they thought there wouldn't be much of a fight, like with bump stocks.
    Bump stocks and pistol braces are completely different accessories with totally different applications. The pistol brace should be justified as an aid to those with physical disabilities to enable them to still enjoy the sport of shooting and hunting. I don’t understand what they would gain by banning them.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Bump stocks and pistol braces are completely different accessories with totally different applications. The pistol brace should be justified as an aid to those with physical disabilities to enable them to still enjoy the sport of shooting and hunting. I don’t understand what they would gain by banning them.
    They are different, but banning bump stocks set a legal precedent and lots of people predicted it would be a slippery slope.

They "gain" by continually eroding away our rights bit by bit, until our cake is all gone.

Bump stocks shouldn't have been an issue, because NFA regulations should've never existed in the first place.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Forgot to say, that many use pistol braces as a legal way to to put a "stock" onto a pistol without paying a $200 tax and registration.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    The atf previously indicated that it was ok to shoulder a braced firearm.

Now they wanna change their minds again, after millions are owned.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    The letter was withdrawn but given the environment I'd imagine it was temporary until they get the OK from the next admin, regardless of the public backlash. They're going to try to do it one way or another.

Top Bottom