• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Unpopular opinion: hate pistol braces. Not for their intended purpose which is assisting the disabled, but for anyone that skirts the rules no matter how ****** those rules are. But I hate it when anyone does that with anything, so, makes sense.

"Don't touch my drink." ::Proceeds to drink from straw:: "Wellllllll, I didn't touch it." Cannot stand anyone like that, and that's exactly what braces turned in to. Abolish the NFA! But while it exists, if you want an SBR, go through all the **** I did or just build it anyway...it's only an add-on charge. Nobody is going to know anyway. Maybe in 2022.

LOL, this effin’ guy.

“I cucked and followed the ‘RuLeZ,’ so now I’m angry with others who didn’t.”

Please. As others have noted, the ATF has been jerking people around on this whole brace deal from the beginning, likely with the intent of effing us over eventually. And frankly I feel the same way about SBRs. They’re no more dangerous than a “regular-length” rifle, probably less so. It’s just a way to control the people and get paid for it. FATF.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    LOL, this effin’ guy.

“I cucked and followed the ‘RuLeZ,’ so now I’m angry with others who didn’t.”

Please. As others have noted, the ATF has been jerking people around on this whole brace deal from the beginning, likely with the intent of effing us over eventually. And frankly I feel the same way about SBRs. They’re no more dangerous than a “regular-length” rifle, probably less so. It’s just a way to control the people and get paid for it. FATF.

I'm done with this ATF ********. We need some serious lawsuits and a health amount of non-compliance.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    LOL, that doesn't stop your ass from getting pounded by Clarence in the Federal pen.

No, but enough ammo being fired into the terrorist threat might.

Rights have a cost, and that cost can be steep when push comes to shove. You only have the ones you're willing to defend to the death.

I mean ****s sake... This is literally the entire point of the second amendment in the first place. all of the capitulation and grand standing about how bending over is the right decision is a dereliction of your duty to the country.

Last edited:

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Maybe this is a stupid question but Couldn’t you just pull off the “brace” part and leave the buffer tube, like we had on AR pistols for years and years. ?? It’s still just a pistol.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Were you not scared ***less just seeing those?

Do they have a "safe space" there?
    Somewhat scary until I learned the SB tactical triangle brace was based on that wooden one...LOL. In Detroit there's probably not a lot of safe areas but plenty of "safe spaces" for Michigan residents since there's quite a few Libs there :cool:

I had a funny conversation when I was paying for the overpriced Museum tickets. Started off with "I bet there's been a price increase since I was last here in 2008"....no response. Was told the Greenfield Village was closed during the day. I'd only seen part of it previously. I asked why it was closed and the response was because "It's October". Discussion continued a bit. Apparently Halloween is a big deal and the Hell with History. Maybe next time.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Somewhat scary until I learned the SB tactical triangle brace was based on that wooden one...LOL. In Detroit there's probably not a lot of safe areas but plenty of "safe spaces" for Michigan residents since there's quite a few Libs there :cool:

I had a funny conversation when I was paying for the overpriced Museum tickets. Started off with "I bet there's been a price increase since I was last here in 2008"....no response. Was told the Greenfield Village was closed during the day. I'd only seen part of it previously. I asked why it was closed and the response was because "It's October". Discussion continued a bit. Apparently Halloween is a big deal and the Hell with History. Maybe next time.

Wonder how big "devil's night" is these days in detroit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Weird. Your story seemed odd, and I was curious about what GV was. So I popped onto the website. Not that you didnt catch on, but your ticket agent was a clueless, poor customer service buffoon with less than zero communication skills. You couldnt go because you arent a member. For some reason you cant get daily tix to GV. And its only open Thursday-Sunday.
    And this may have killed our motivation to go. The wife has been nagging me to go for years. She is a huge OSU fan and native Buckeye, so her wanting to go into enemy territory and spend money is huge. (when we go to Canada she times our last minute supply run to stop at the Meijer 2 miles south of MI, and then we top off the tank at the duty free store :): )

I'm not about to get a membership just to go through the property once. F that. Thanks for saving us a drive.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Maybe this is a stupid question but Couldn’t you just pull off the “brace” part and leave the buffer tube, like we had on AR pistols for years and years. ?? It’s still just a pistol.
    The answer is "yes" (probably.) Those who bought their AR pistol with the intention of firing it the way one would traditionally fire a pistol (arms outstretched with the firearm unshouldered) will likely not be affected significantly by this rule change, unless they happen to be one of the few who have a physical disability that renders them unable to fire the pistol with arms outstretched without using a brace.

The particular anger at this rule change (other than the usual, justifiable anger at having our 2nd Amendment rights infringed upon by the whimsical dictates of unelected federal bureaucrats) stems, I believe from two primary reasons.

The first reason is the "probably" part of my answer above. The ATF form has a clause in it which basically says they can arbitrarily determine anything to count as an SBR and not a pistol at their sole discretion. So you can take your "brace" off, and bring your firearm into full compliance with their score system, but then have any random agent look at it, and decide that based on something attached to your handguard, or the way your optic is set up, or the fact that your buffer tube has 0.1 square inches of surface area more than the typical buffer tube has on the rear, or any other subjective criteria they come up with, that they now decree your pistol to actually be an SBR.

The second reason is that many (if not most) people who purchased a pistol brace in the last few years, did so with the intention of having a weapon that can reasonably be fired from the shoulder. They did this because the ATF said it was perfectly legal. For those people, taking the "brace" off would mean the firearm can no longer reasonably function in the way they planned to use it when they bought it. Now that the ATF has suddenly decided they'd like to change their rules (despite their being no change in the actual law) they are going to find themselves with a firearm, one that they likely invested significant money in, which they can no longer configure and use as they intended to when they bought it. A few years back when pistol braces were first becoming a thing, if the ATF had come out with a point system, similar to the one they have now, to guide people in determining whether something was a pistol or an SBR, I don't think the outrage at them would have been nearly as much (no more than the usual anger at having our federal overlords dictate their whims to us.) What makes this latest rule change sting particularly bad, is that they had to first come out with a set of very simple, more lax rules, under which people were permitted to configure pistols a certain way, and many people spent a good deal of money buying those pistols as a result. If they finalize this new rule set, they would be pulling a giant bait and switch, whereby many people will essentially lose a great deal of financial investment. Even for those people who still plan to use their AR pistols as an unshouldered weapon, if they bought a brace, which is not the cheapest thing in the world to buy, they are now most likely not going to be able to use it at all, and even have to completely get rid of it, or risk being charged with "constructive intent" or something vague like that.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    The answer is "yes" (probably.) Those who bought their AR pistol with the intention of firing it the way one would traditionally fire a pistol (arms outstretched with the firearm unshouldered) will likely not be affected significantly by this rule change, unless they happen to be one of the few who have a physical disability that renders them unable to fire the pistol with arms outstretched without using a brace.

The particular anger at this rule change (other than the usual, justifiable anger at having our 2nd Amendment rights infringed upon by the whimsical dictates of unelected federal bureaucrats) stems, I believe from two primary reasons.

The first reason is the "probably" part of my answer above. The ATF form has a clause in it which basically says they can arbitrarily determine anything to count as an SBR and not a pistol at their sole discretion. So you can take your "brace" off, and bring your firearm into full compliance with their score system, but then have any random agent look at it, and decide that based on something attached to your handguard, or the way your optic is set up, or the fact that your buffer tube has 0.1 square inches of surface area more than the typical buffer tube has on the rear, or any other subjective criteria they come up with, that they now decree your pistol to actually be an SBR.

The second reason is that many (if not most) people who purchased a pistol brace in the last few years, did so with the intention of having a weapon that can reasonably be fired from the shoulder. They did this because the ATF said it was perfectly legal. For those people, taking the "brace" off would mean the firearm can no longer reasonably function in the way they planned to use it when they bought it. Now that the ATF has suddenly decided they'd like to change their rules (despite their being no change in the actual law) they are going to find themselves with a firearm, one that they likely invested significant money in, which they can no longer configure and use as they intended to when they bought it. A few years back when pistol braces were first becoming a thing, if the ATF had come out with a point system, similar to the one they have now, to guide people in determining whether something was a pistol or an SBR, I don't think the outrage at them would have been nearly as much (no more than the usual anger at having our federal overlords dictate their whims to us.) What makes this latest rule change sting particularly bad, is that they had to first come out with a set of very simple, more lax rules, under which people were permitted to configure pistols a certain way, and many people spent a good deal of money buying those pistols as a result. If they finalize this new rule set, they would be pulling a giant bait and switch, whereby many people will essentially lose a great deal of financial investment. Even for those people who still plan to use their AR pistols as an unshouldered weapon, if they bought a brace, which is not the cheapest thing in the world to buy, they are now most likely not going to be able to use it at all, and even have to completely get rid of it, or risk being charged with "constructive intent" or something vague like that.
    Thank you for the in depth answer.

Top Bottom