• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had heard about a guy you could send your 10/22 bolt in to be accurized. Squaring up the bolt face, sharpening and pinning the firing pin, etc. Then I ran across these bolts and decided to get one to get the accuracy without being without my bolt for a month. It worked. Not a huge change, but noticeable.

And I found it interesting that some ammo is improved more than others. The Mini Mags were already fairly accurate. Not a huge difference. But the Aguila ammo was night and day different.

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I was considering getting a Savage a22 to have something more accurate. I've stopped looking. Ive got my tack driver already now.

5 round groups:

pikearmsbolt.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That could be the difference between hit and miss on a squirrel head. Have to check them out.

Distance?
    Only 25 yards. It was an outdoor range and the winds were whipping around today. I didnt want wind to be too much of a factor. (Thats why I'm high. Zeroed at 50)

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I believe this is the guy you were referring to who reworks the bolts:
    pike Arms bolt

I'm surprised that the Pike Arms bolts doesn't have the pin above the firing pin.

I've looked at the Pike Arms offerings before and just never purchased.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The only thing I didnt do was throw rando cheap ammo downrange. Ive heard the modded bolts can be finicky.
    I believe this is the guy you were referring to who reworks the bolts:
    pike Arms bolt

I'm surprised that the Pike Arms bolts doesn't have the pin above the firing pin.

I've looked at the Pike Arms offerings before and just never purchased.
    Yep. Once I have stress tested this bolt, I'll probably send my factory bolt to him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Any updates on running cheap ammo with this bolt? I’m on the edge of upgrading while it’s on sale.
    Ive only tried good ammo, and it improved both to varying degrees. It cant hurt to buy one, IMHO.

Just dont expect to get a silk purse out of a sow's ear. cheap ammo is still cheap ammo no matter how good of a bolt/rifle you use.

Wiryoak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2021
    wabash county
    Ive only tried good ammo, and it improved both to varying degrees. It cant hurt to buy one, IMHO.

Just dont expect to get a silk purse out of a sow's ear. cheap ammo is still cheap ammo no matter how good of a bolt/rifle you use.
    Your right. I’ve got a Marlin 22lr for the cheap stuff.

I’ve already got a nice bull barrel. Would this bolt be a good next addition or am I skipping some steps? It’s for small game & I guess running quality ammunition would be a good idea anyways. Just looking around the forum it sounds like ammunition can make a huge change in accuracy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Your right. I’ve got a Marlin 22lr for the cheap stuff.

I’ve already got a nice bull barrel. Would this bolt be a good next addition or am I skipping some steps? It’s for small game & I guess running quality ammunition would be a good idea anyways. Just looking around the forum it sounds like ammunition can make a huge change in accuracy.
    Do it. It won’t hurt. I’d buy it again in heartbeat.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Waiting for some pike parts to come back in stock… I was happy with their charging handles now getting the matching mag release

Top Bottom