• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you see that rattler? Those are pretty rare in IN, I used to run around the dunes a lot when I was a kid and saw quite a few hognose and others, but never a Massasauga other than one they had in the nature center. The CO that was there said it was the 2nd or 3rd one he'd seen in his career of something like 15 yrs.
    Northwest Michigan. Used to see them all the time as a kid up there. Not so much anymore. No more box turtles either.
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you see that rattler? Those are pretty rare in IN, I used to run around the dunes a lot when I was a kid and saw quite a few hognose and others, but never a Massasauga other than one they had in the nature center. The CO that was there said it was the 2nd or 3rd one he'd seen in his career of something like 15 yrs.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    A buddy NW of Culver had 9 in his pump house a couple years ago. They were pretty common site around there for a few months.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Wow!

That is an impressive cat.

I have seen tracks and trail cam pics in Putnam.

There definitely seems to be many around.
    I've often walked the 'horse trail' in Owen Putnam State forest. Once, I noticed HUGE bobcat tracks on the recently-rained surface. I kept looking over my shoulder !

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've often walked the 'horse trail' in Owen Putnam State forest. Once, I noticed HUGE bobcat tracks on the recently-rained surface. I kept looking over my shoulder !
    I have yet to see one in the wild...but always keep an eye out.

Found several tracks around my deer blind one afternoon.

They are impressive cats.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm already itching to move past this scorching summer heat (already more 90's forecast), and move on to a colorful Fall ! ;)

i-KN8xGQ8-XL.jpg

Top Bottom