• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Found an Anderson AM-15 with a Vortex Strike-Fire II 1x Red/Green Dot Scope + one magazine for $389
    Picked it up this afternoon
    I have the scope off & just put a CR-2 battery in it & it seems to work perfectly, Going back on in a few
    seemed too good of a price to pass up, the scope is worth $200 + or -
    Need to go buy some Magpul P-Mags & 5.45 x 45 ammo
    Range Report DUE ASAP
    Anderson AM-15.JPG

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Found an Anderson AM-15 with a Vortex Strike-Fire II 1x Red/Green Dot Scope + one magazine for $389
    Picked it up this afternoon
    I have the scope off & just put a CR-2 battery in it & it seems to work perfectly, Going back on in a few
    seemed too good of a price to pass up, the scope is worth $200 + or -
    Need to go buy some Magpul P-Mags & 5.45 x 45 ammo
    Range Report DUE ASAP
    View attachment 209156
    I'm assuming you mean 5.56 but just to be clear check your caliber of the mags you're purchasing because they do make ARs in 5.45x39

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    They make it really easy to swap to a free floated handguard though. That's what I did to my DPMS. I could never find the right height front site that wasn't plastic, go figure.

True. You can swap it for a pinned lower profile gas block, or if you wanna play bubba just hack it down.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Picked up a Magpul rear stock & an Amend2 New Old Stock TRUMP 2020 MAGAzine & a small amount of Winchester .223 & 5.45x45 + some 9mm today @ Rural King + a couple cleaning brushes, beef jerky & a Fobus G43X Holster :D
    I found a rail for the lower handguard & installed it, need a forward grip for it & everything seems to be M-Lok now days, I want a full straight grip for the rail pictured IF anyone has one laying around, I GAVE mine to an old buddy who has since passed away...
    Also found a Colts rear grip but want a Hogue because it's Rubber & feels better to me OR used too...
    NOTE: Fobus for the Glock 43X + M&P Shield 2.0 that was my Brothers... + MAGAzine & Freedom Seeds
    There is a Takamine under those towels & just out of this 1st photo are many broken guitars that await my attention
    The Steinberger SPIRIT Guitar Gig Bag is my Rifle Case.

Need to cleanup & get some guitars on the work bench, there are two Gibsons, a Parker Fly, Jackson + a Fender Tele & Stratocaster & several cheap guitars that all need major repairs.. My Side Business
    I have a buddy bringing a SRV Fender Strat over for repairs & his will cut line on the rest...
    Anderson M4.JPG
    Rural King was out of all other brands of AR-15 Magazines except the Amend2 TRUMP 2020 ones, had to buy one $14.99...
    I intended to buy some Magpul P-Mags...
    TRUMP 2020.JPG
    House Pistols.JPG
    Broken Guitars.JPG

Last edited:

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    This is the type of forward grip I'm looking for, This one is a Magpul
    412_1.jpg

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    https://www.gggaz.com/ar-spring-actuated-front-and-rear-sight-packages.html
    I found a GG&G flip up metal sight set for $195 that is made for the railed gas block above $200 WOW!
    Turned the scope mount around last night, just needed a torx bit & a few minutes
    My research showed that not all railed gas blocks were at the same height either so zeroing may be more difficult. I am super happy with the Geiselle gas block and free floated handguard and it wasn't much more expensive than that GG&G sight. It really just depends on what you want to do with the rifle and what it's worth to get there.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    If you want a sight with the bayo lug that's easy to mount and standard height, try the YHM front gas block.
    I've put them on a couple of different AR's and they are good solid bits of kit.
    1657112769900.png

Top Bottom