• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Wow, i think this may be every model of their CPAP as well as other devices.

Not sure exactly, do your own research. Seems like a minor issue, but who knows.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    My CPAP is most likely on this recall list. I have been using it for 6-7 years with no known problems. I checked the recall site yesterday and it said they would provide instructions on what to do in a few days. I don't see how they could ever repair this many units so it will be interesting to see their solution. Maybe it's time for a new one.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Possible health risks include exposure to degraded sound abatement foam, for example caused by unapproved cleaning methods such as ozone, and exposure to chemical emissions from the foam material. High heat and high humidity environments may also contribute to foam degradation in certain regions.

That's not a minor issue, if present you're breathing that stuff in concentrated form.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Possible health risks include exposure to degraded sound abatement foam, for example caused by unapproved cleaning methods such as ozone, and exposure to chemical emissions from the foam material. High heat and high humidity environments may also contribute to foam degradation in certain regions.

That's not a minor issue, if present you're breathing that stuff in concentrated form.

meh, doesn't honestly sound like that big of a deal in the nesr term. it's from products that have existed for YEARS. unlikely to cause acute problems if it hasn't yet. By minor issue i meant i would not go without CPAP use simply because of this. they recommended people stop using immediately. I think that's bad advice.

Work on an alternate solution but keep using it

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    meh, doesn't honestly sound like that big of a deal in the nesr term. it's from products that have existed for YEARS. unlikely to cause acute problems if it hasn't yet. By minor issue i meant i would not go without CPAP use simply because of this. they recommended people stop using immediately. I think that's bad advice.

I couldn't not use mine if I wanted to. I accidentally broke mine once. It was a miserable 4 days of zombie existence while a new one came and I bought an extra one so it could never happen again.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wow, i think this may be every model of their CPAP as well as other devices.

Not sure exactly, do your own research. Seems like a minor issue, but who knows.

Thanks for the info Doc. It's good to see you back in these parts again.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Update: It appears from some of the apnea boards that Phillips now has FDA approval for their contingency plan for the Dreamstation machines. Many forums users on the apnea boards are saying that they are receiving Dreamstation 2's directly from Phillips with return packaging and instructions for their original Dreamstations.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Th...PORTANT-PHILIPS-DREAMSTATION-SYSTEM-ONE-USERS

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I got mailed a bunch of filter thingees that go between the hose and machine. Anybody else??

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

If the machine is blowing contaminants into my lungs repeatedly, that sounds like a bad deal. Asbestos on the pipes in the factory boiler house does not worry me, but asbestos in the air ducts of the house certainly would concern me.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    They told me since my machine is so old, they had no plans to replace it. Said Medicare and my supplement should help with the cost of a replacement. Also said I needed to order my own inline filters. It was $13 for three, which would cover about nine months.

Top Bottom