• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I can't stand shooting and having brass that needs filled. I shot 35 freshly rolled 45 colt on Saturday and having a partial box left over just bugged the crap out of me. Had to roll more and make a complete 50. Anyone else like that?

Attachments

• KIMG0890.JPG
      KIMG0890.JPG
      424.3 KB · Views: 16
    • KIMG0888.JPG
      KIMG0888.JPG
      553.9 KB · Views: 16

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just try to never bring home a partial box.

An older retired gentleman that loved to reload hung out at my club. Always trying new bullets, powders, kept the notebooks and everything. He did not shoot too well and always wanted me to try his gun and ammo. He would measure the targets and write it in his book. He was always real insistent that I finish shooting the box "so he would have brass to try a different load"

Usually it was fine, I liked the guy. Sometimes he would bring something like a heavy bullet load in 8mm Mauser or something else not comfortable to shoot. I would tell him not to load 50 more of those, and he would just laugh.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

An older retired gentleman that loved to reload hung out at my club. Always trying new bullets, powders, kept the notebooks and everything. He did not shoot too well and always wanted me to try his gun and ammo. He would measure the targets and write it in his book. He was always real insistent that I finish shooting the box "so he would have brass to try a different load"

Usually it was fine, I liked the guy. Sometimes he would bring something like a heavy bullet load in 8mm Mauser or something else not comfortable to shoot. I would tell him not to load 50 more of those, and he would just laugh.

Guys like that are awesome.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I have lots of half-full MTM boxes. I like variety. Sometimes I want to plink, sometimes I want earth-shattering kabooms. Sometimes I want both. It's nice to have options.

I'm still working through a box of 45 Colt that @billybob44 loaded. Been a couple years. I don't light off more than a cylinder at a time with those things. That box will last a while.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    I Also have multiple Partially filled boxes.
    I'll shoot a particular weapon/caliber at the range, until I wanna shoot a Different weapon/caliber.
    That Change usually isn't determined by what's left in the ammo box.
    Variety is the Spice of Life!
    On the subject of "Test Loads." I normally will Load 5-10 testers & make notes about the results.
    I'll find a recipe I Like & then load multiple Boxes.
    Vive la Difference

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I have lots of half-full MTM boxes. I like variety. Sometimes I want to plink, sometimes I want earth-shattering kabooms. Sometimes I want both. It's nice to have options.

I'm still working through a box of 45 Colt that @billybob44 loaded. Been a couple years. I don't light off more than a cylinder at a time with those things. That box will last a while.
    HA.HA..
    I DID tell you that those were "Warm"=Rifle ONLY loads...??
    They did also work well in a Ruger SuperRedHawk 9 1/2" Boomer...
    My 10MM loads are warm enough for me now...Bill.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Everybody should have a little OCD in them.

As long as you're not compelled to touch every parking meter you walk by, you're good...

tumblr_inline_oiye58wWl21rd9n6b_500.gif

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI

I had a buddy exactly the same, he had 20+ full autos and just wanted company when he would go shooting on the weekends. It was many years back but I still have fond memories of hanging out with that dude he was just a calm, laid back older dude who just wanted to see someone smile from shooting FA and see the curiosity from all of his reloading stuff he had going on.

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh

.....what sucks is when you find yourself becoming that old guy....your eyes aren't so good, your aim isn't so steady, your feet and legs are not as nimble in moving around trails and/or obstacles....

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Breaking a decapping pin in the middle of a reloading session and then realizing you had run out of spares. Then it’s off to a store to find RCBS decapping pins.
    Yes, I know, a first world problem! :ugh:

Top Bottom