• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Mine is borrowing the trailer to move a lathe or mill and the lights don't work and the tags are expired from 9 years ago. Guy hauls wood with it at least a couple times a month, so it's not like it's been sitting in his back yard for 9 years.

Driving along in the proper lane keeping a safe distance between me and the guy in front of me to allow for braking and reaction time and someone decides they need to jam their car into that space after clearing my front bumper by 9 inches. Usually in a no passing zone, no pass because a crossroad is an eighth of a mile ahead. Usually they hit their brakes and turn, saving at least 2 seconds travel time over staying behind me and turning.

Idiots driving brand new cars cutting me off in traffic or otherwise trying to cause a wreck and I slam the brakes on, narrowly avoiding an accident. Not really peeved at them, at myself for reacting on instinct to avoid the accident that would have had their insurance pay to replace my crappy $600 car with a newer model.

People who get peeved when someone says "clip". I have an almost complete collection of American Rifleman magazines from the late 1920s up to the mid-1980s. The early issues featured the likes of Elmer Kieth, Townsend Whelen, Julian Hatcher, etc. Some of you young whipper snappers may not know the names, but us old farts do. In articles as well as answers to tech questions and the like, all those greats used the term clip to refer to a detachable box magazine the vast majority of the time. As did the other lesser known writers. They knew what they were referring to as did everyone else. As do the peeved folks, otherwise they wouldn't be peeved. It wasn't until well into the 70s or 80s before "magazine" came into common use in the Rifleman.

People who think every gun is a "Glock Fohtay". "Check out my Glock Fohtay" usually precedes the presentation of anything from a Lorcin .380 to a Raven .25, but hardly ever a .40 caliber Glock.

People who think an open tool box is an invitation to borrow tools. I don't mind people borrowing my tools as long as 1: they tell me they are borrowing them so I know who to go to when I need them back. And 2: They don't leave them lying on the ground where they used them instead of returning them. Boss' Grandsons have been "temps" to help around the shop last few weeks, most of their time is spent polishing and swapping shiny parts on a couple Harley's grandpa bought them. I am constantly reaching for a tool and grabbing air as the slot it lives in is empty. Of course they haven't seen them, and on the rare occasion they do return tools it's to the nearest toolbox to where they were working, not the one they took it from.
    So your pet peeve is that you need to borrow something from a friend and it’s not up to standards? :scratch:

Maybe offer to pay for the tags for him, since you get use out of it too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So your pet peeve is that you need to borrow something from a friend and it’s not up to standards? :scratch:

That's all you got out of that wall of text? But yeah, I agree about that point. I wouldn't borrow someone's trailer that wasn't road-legal. And utility trailer tags are cheap.

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county

No, my peeve is he offers to loan it to me, saying he just used it and it's ready to go, no need to spend $50 on a U-Haul. And it is never ready to use, I end up spending most of the day getting it roadworthy and more than $50 repairing it. Of course the appointment to pick up the equipment was made with the idea he was correct and all I had to do was back under it...

After about 3 times of that over the years I just started renting U-Hauls. Now when he finds out I drug a car I bought home with a rented car dolly he says: "Dude, why did you waste money renting, you coulda borrowed my trailer".

Same guy who borrowed my Stihl 029 Farm Boss a week after I bought it, I've "borrowed it back" a total of maybe 10 days in the last 20 years or so. Usually needs a new fuel line, he keeps loaning it to idiots who think chainsaws use diesel fuel. Multiple people. I get a call to come out and fix my chainsaw about once a year so he can use it...

Top Bottom