• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    They are hard to find right now i am looking for more #10's at present
    How much difference is there in #10 bs #11?
    I picked up a tin of #10 by mistake ( been a long time since I played with BP). I found they fit my Spanish made 45 caliber better than #11’s.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I've seen a few tins at Atterbury a couple of times recently.

For fun range use you can pinch 11s with pliers or even your fingers to get enough tension to keep them on the caps of a revolver. You'll probably have to fix more cap jams but you can fire with them.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Jan 19, 2009
    The supply has been spotty at best, maybe things are easing up. I've been lucky to have friends direct me to supplies or sell them directly. A while back, I was down to my last tin.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I just picked up a Pedersoli Hawken, my first BP rifle.
    I have over 2000 #10 caps for my pistols but couldn't find #11s anywhere.
    So in doing some research, I read that one guy took his rifle nipple, sized for #11 caps and put it in a drill and filed it down a touch to fit #10s.
    I tried it and it worked great.
    You don't need to take much off. The #10s are just a bit smaller than the #11s. But now, my 10s all fit and function flawlessly.

hoglegs

Marksman
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    I just picked up a Pedersoli Hawken, my first BP rifle.
    I have over 2000 #10 caps for my pistols but couldn't find #11s anywhere.
    So in doing some research, I read that one guy took his rifle nipple, sized for #11 caps and put it in a drill and filed it down a touch to fit #10s.
    I tried it and it worked great.
    You don't need to take much off. The #10s are just a bit smaller than the #11s. But now, my 10s all fit and function flawlessly.
    Nice fix, gotta make due with what we've got these days. Always on the lookout for a used tap-o-cap at gun shows, anyone ever see / use one?? I found some nice detailed blueprints for a DIY set, but probably beyond my garage machining ability Tap_o_Cap.jpg

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    Local Walmarts (nwi) have put out muzzle loader stuff for hunting season. $5 Found #11’s don’t worry I left some on the shelf. Now I have to find powder.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Check smaller LGS's they tend to stock stuff like that for regulars, last year (I know) I was at a gun store in Evansville, he had a boatload of #11's.... it's out there.....

Hassiebawked

Plinker
    Nov 18, 2019
    South Central Indiana
    I had no clue these percussion caps were going for so much. I had a bunch that I got in a black powder lot. I threw the entire lot on Gun Broker hoping to get about 50-75 bucks. I nearly crapped when I saw they ended at over $900! Crazy times we are living in.

Top Bottom