• ...and so much more!
  • Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Looking for a decent flavorful black peppercorn for a standard pepper grinder.

Everything that we have tried in the last few years seems so bland.

What’s good, and where did you get it from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So do you guys know the difference between what we are discussing and pepper in a shaker?

Did you know pepper does not make one sneeze?

The difference is, we are discussing the actual peppercorns, the pepper shaker contains the peppercorn and also the stems and leaves of the plant, it is that pollen that causes sneezes, not the peppercorn.

It is the oils in the peppercorn that provide the taste, after it dries out they have a bad taste…

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I didn't like pepper at all until I was finally exposed to fresh peppercorns, freshly ground. If you've ever noticed the difference between fresh coffee and the pre-ground, canned garbage, it's the same thing.

If you're one of those instant or k-pod drinkers, well... keep buying that pre-ground pepper in a can too. Leave the good stuff for the rest of us.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The things I learn on INGO, still amazes me..........rosejm, I just bought a k-pod coffee pot.....
    I have been accused of being a food snob and use a Keurig daily. You now need to find the coffee you like. I am spoiled to be able to make great strong coffee. Heck I even have an iced coffee setting. Makes great coffee very conveniently. I just have so many more important things to do than grind coffee every morning. I used too.

BTW, the most important thing about traditional coffee makers is the watts listed, above 1000 is good 1200 and above is great. Less watts will not get the water hot enough to get the best flavor and actually steeps the bad flavors.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I didn't like pepper at all until I was finally exposed to fresh peppercorns, freshly ground. If you've ever noticed the difference between fresh coffee and the pre-ground, canned garbage, it's the same thing.

If you're one of those instant or k-pod drinkers, well... keep buying that pre-ground pepper in a can too. Leave the good stuff for the rest of us.
    Yep.....
    It's like that "k cup ****" vs hand ground beans in a French press.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Looking for a decent flavorful black peppercorn for a standard pepper grinder.

Everything that we have tried in the last few years seems so bland.

What’s good, and where did you get it from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I like this blend, They also have several black only pepper corns available.

Walmart sells a peppercorn medley that is not bad, but is not as strong of flavor.

Since we always use pepper mill at the house, peppercorns are all we buy. After surgery, I could not use my right hand for a while, Ended up having the wife grind fresh pepper into a container because the pepper mill needs both hands. She did not appreciate that chore.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom