• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In the 1970s the USAF shot down a satellite… with an F-15A.
    September 1985 is what I'm seeing, Kelly. AGM-69 with a modified upper stage redesignated as ASM-135

I know the Navy did one with a Block 2 Standard missile (from an Aegis cruiser I believe) but I think that was even later still

ASAT_missile_launch.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wait, isn't there a privately owned F-100 Super Saber that flies out of Fort Wayne somewhere?

If its flying over Indiana, have Holcomb declare the plane part of the Indiana Militia and take that damn balloon down with jet wake...

Good thought, but I would imagine 60K is going to be a stretch for the old F-1OO.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

The predicted path takes it over southern Indiana. Now's your chance boys!
    Can’t get my Mooney high enough!

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Wait, isn't there a privately owned F-100 Super Saber that flies out of Fort Wayne somewhere?

If its flying over Indiana, have Holcomb declare the plane part of the Indiana Militia and take that damn balloon down with jet wake...holcome would welcome it with open arms

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I’d say that’s probably pretty close. :)

Trump wasn't an idiot. Even with Iran hit a US military installation with cruise missiles, injuring personnel and destroying equipment, he downplayed it and responded with sanctions instead of escalating militarily. Some idea of proportionality and long term relations has to come in to the picture vs reactionary dog barking because muh territory.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    September 1985 is what I'm seeing, Kelly. AGM-69 with a modified upper stage redesignated as ASM-135

I know the Navy did one with a Block 2 Standard missile (from an Aegis cruiser I believe) but I think that was even later still

View attachment 252662
    I'm thinking of the Streak Eagle from the 70s (no paint to save weight) that set all kinds of climb-records. I knew we knocked a satellite down with an Eagle, didn't realize it was when I was in DEP.

Edwards AFB tail markings, not sure I can see the tail number but I'll bet it was an A-Model.

Edit: looks like a 76 on the tail number, that's an A-Model. F-15C-Models came out in 1979 IIRC.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Watch out Evansville...

View attachment 252667

That is more Mount Vernon or Hovey Lake

Still.. get that F-100 ready, We can't have Commie China violating Hoosier Air Space!!!!

Anyone got any Pontiac M39A1s stashed?
    (Yes THAT Pontiac, for whatever reason, GM put the Pontiac name on M39A1 cannons delivered to Uncle Sam)

Top Bottom