• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Use jet-wash to force it down? Strafing practice (most of Montana could double as a range?) @Cavman mentioned hooking it, some of the MC-130s at Hurlburt Field, Florida still had the grabber things on the nose from the balloon extraction system from Vietnam (the name evades me.) Those AFSOC guys are nuts, let them try!

Oh hell, just load the gun on the F-16s with blue (inert) rounds and go to town on it! Not the F-35, it carries fewer rounds than some INGOers!

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    46 and his goons wouldn't give 2 sharts about collateral damage on the ground in Montana, a state that's chock full of rich Republicans. Nearly 100 years of aerial bombardment ops experience has apparently taught us nothing about trajectory and windage of a falling object? And yes, I'm aware that we may not know the weight/density of that rig up there. By the Pentagon's logic, I guess we won't be attempting to shoot down any future missiles for fear of hurting people on the ground.

Did Milley's Chinese counterpart give him the courtesy of a phone call prior to the launch of this thing?

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    If the balloon is about 30' across I suspect the payload is the size of a shoe box or smaller. Not a whole lot you can do with that, especially if it is at 60,000' altitude. Temperature is well below freezing and ultra violet is pretty high. People that launch home made rockets that high feel lucky their cameras last for a few minutes. I cannot believe any battery would be functional for the time it took to get to the U.S., I would think any biologic would die instantly if released at that altitude, if not already dead from being frozen for several days.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Use jet-wash to force it down? Strafing practice (most of Montana could double as a range?) @Cavman mentioned hooking it, some of the MC-130s at Hurlburt Field, Florida still had the grabber things on the nose from the balloon extraction system from Vietnam (the name evades me.) Those AFSOC guys are nuts, let them try!
    It was called the Fulton Recovery System, the system was in the movie " The Green Berets " . Looked like a real wild ride. Another C-130 system that was used in recovery in mid air was for the Corona Recon Sat. A film container was ejected from the Sat and hooked by the aircraft in mid air.
    Jump62
    aka Paul
    Oh hell, just load the gun on the F-16s with blue (inert) rounds and go to town on it! Not the F-35, it carries fewer rounds than some INGOers!

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    The military could safely get it down. Where there's a will there's a way. Apparently there's no will. Be cool to see the governor of Montana to order the air national guard to take it down

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    We can shoot rockets into space that navigate through space junk and satellites, that land on a moving object in a safe pre planned location. yet we can’t time the downing of a balloon over Montana with out it hitting a house?

Top Bottom