• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A) Never understood the "we only need 1/2 the available market" approach, either.
    B) At least they are still Capitalists! Lots of dirty American dollars flowing thru their stores.
    My best guesses are. He alienated 1/2 of potential customers but his primary customers were not and he got thousands of dollars worth of national media exposure to like minded free.

I betting that the pillow guy is making bank playing the pat election BS…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A smart business owner simply sells their products/services and avoids engaging in politics with their customers.
    A smart business owner understands that even the dumbest left wing idiot's money is still green, and he's more than happy to accept it if all he has to do is "bite his tongue" to get it. :cool:
    I guarantee you that he knows that most of his customers are as woke as he is. He has received thousands of dollars in free advertising via leftist publications maybe he is just crazy like a fox…

Lpherr

Occupied
    A smart business owner simply sells their products/services and avoids engaging in politics with their customers.
    A smart business owner understands that even the dumbest left wing idiot's money is still green, and he's more than happy to accept it if all he has to do is "bite his tongue" to get it. :cool:
    And giggle all the way to the bank.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    The auction house had the pensey blackpepper for $1 per jar, $4.50 per 6 pack. I bought the 6 pack, used 2 and gave away the rest. I did an online search and didn't like the price so I'll be using other brands.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We used Pensey's spices for years. Great variety. As far as I can tell they are a spin off from a family owned Spice store in Chicago. What I liked was that you could buy spices by the pound, like granulated Garlic, several blends of pepper corns, Himalayan salt, etc. They sent a flyer to the house 3 or 4 times a year. It listed the products, introduced some new products, had a few recipes.

Abut 4 years ago, the owner, who turned out to be a militant lesbian had a letter to the public in her flyer. It basically said, they are committed to every right for the people who embrace homosexual and trans lifestyles and anyone that does not like it is a bigot that should be made to suffer. She supported only those who were against traditional marriage and wanted any rights to be removed from the heterosexual people. Basically it was a "go to hell if you don't like it" letter. Everyone I had ever recommended the company also got the flyer, and quit shopping there.hi

Never bought anything else from her.
    I bought from Penzey's for years- loved the quality and selection. I was a devoted customer- I designed the spice rack in my kitchen around their spices/containers. I've watched the descent into madness over the years to the point that I will no longer buy from them.
    Bill Penzey Jr, the CEO, apparently spun the company off from his parents' Spice House, which his sister Patty currently runs. I don't actually know much more about the company than that. I ordered on line for years, and was thrilled when the Castleton location opened (ten years ago?). The advertising included recipes, articles and warm, lighthearted sentiment ("Love People- Cook them Tasty Food"). I Unfortunately the last SEVERAL years the advertising messaging has gone increasingly unhinged, far left lunatic. In my observation it started with taking the LGTBQ "side" in the same sex marriage debate- relatively benign, but increased in intensity and vitriol, particularly after Trump was elected and has become more and more militant ever since. And now this. I will not waste my time or consumer dollars on such unhinged leftist lunatics.
    I'm checking out The Spice House for on line orders- they look fantastic! And for a GREAT local option in Indy go to Artisano's in Nora- GREAT oils and balsamic vinegars, and VERY good selection of spices, herbs, salts and blends in bulk at good prices.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That packaging looks like a garage operation. Never heard of them. I wager very few have until this press coverage....which is why they did it.
    Not quite garage, they are decently sized. I've heard of them and bought from them, and know several others that have as well. They do have good quality spice, generally better(sometimes way better) that what's available in the grocery stores around me. And a much wider selection.

To compare them with beer, they are larger than most local micro brews and smaller than the major players. Think successful micro brew that's branched out and has multiple locations and has the ability to ship their product around. Maybe 3 Floyds level.

Top Bottom