• ...and so much more!
  • LynnMCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2013
    Knox County, Indiana
    Did you read anything posted?

There were competing slates of electors, both claiming to be the product of the legislature, the body the constitution recognizes to determine the slates of electors.

Certification is a bureaucratic process, not a constitutional process.

Pence to decide which slate to accept is a decision and an action. He should have sent it on to allow the next constitutional step to occur. He chose the bureaucratic type status quo the democrats and chamber o republicans would support.
    Does not matter when those legislatures had already delegated their (that) authority by their own lawmaking to other officials of state government. If you give away a US 'C'onstitued authority by state law, you no longer have it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Does not matter when those legislatures had already delegated their (that) authority by their own lawmaking to other officials of state government. If you give away a US 'C'onstitued authority by state law, you no longer have it.
    This isn't deeded property. What has been delegated can be un-delegated

LynnMCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2013
    Knox County, Indiana
    The Constitution specifically assigns authority over elections to the STATE LEGISLATURES, NOT to the respective Secretaries of State.
    And as stated above, most all state legislatures have delegated in their voting laws that authority to secretaries of state or election boards. Giving away a federally constituted authority may mean it ultimately resides in those bodies, but doesn't abrogate any state law concerning that function.

You're arguing against states rights and for federal controls on elections. Are citizens to suddenly now not to trust our elected state officials?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And as stated above, most all state legislatures have delegated in their voting laws that authority to secretaries of state or election boards. Giving away a federally constituted authority may mean it ultimately resides in those bodies, but doesn't abrogate any state law concerning that function.

You're arguing against states rights and for federal controls on elections. Are citizens to suddenly now not to trust our elected state officials?

OK schill, the legislatures prescribed how the election was to be done, it was not done that way, they then prescribed another way and competing slates arrived.

LynnMCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2013
    Knox County, Indiana
    OK schill, the legislatures prescribed how the election was to be done, it was not done that way, they then prescribed another way and competing slates arrived.
    But the elections were carried out according to state laws as several court cases held. In the end all you and several state Republican-led legislatures have is your animosity for Trump losing a legal election. That won't get you anywhere, just as it didn't get Clinton and her supporters anywhere in 2016.

And as to 'schill.' You can call me anything you want. It only points out that your arguments lack merit.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But the elections were carried out according to state laws as several court cases held. In the end all you and several state Republican-led legislatures have is your animosity for Trump losing a legal election. That won't get you anywhere, just as it didn't get Clinton and her supporters anywhere in 2016.

And as to 'schill.' You can call me anything you want. It only points out that your arguments lack merit.
    A number of elections were conducted according changes unilaterally imposed by Secretaries of State under the fiction of accommodation of CoVid. Whether those changes exceeded the legal authority of those making them is a point that should have been litigated. To assert that the election was 'legal' when no legal challenges were allowed is disingenuous

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Bug is being nice. This is just too stupid to justify the effort to unpack it.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You are a schill. I have seen it hundreds of times, you have all the hallmarks of it. I figure it is pretty fair odds you are a member that was banned a few weeks ago, your writing is similar.

My arguments have not changed, no case was decided on the merits that really mattered so Marxists enjoy your your stolen election. I hope to see a thorough repudiation of this election and energized conservatives take it all back from the communists. And when they do I hope they learn from the past mistakes and and stop listening to the mockingbird media (you know, the one the CIA controls) and damn the torpedoes to get things done we Americans=constitutionalists want...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man can you be Civil for an entire thread. Seriously man. We have the hammers out and dusted off OK.

Tone it down or step away please.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are a schill. I have seen it hundreds of times, you have all the hallmarks of it. I figure it is pretty fair odds you are a member that was banned a few weeks ago, your writing is similar.

My arguments have not changed, no case was decided on the merits that really mattered so Marxists enjoy your your stolen election. I hope to see a thorough repudiation of this election and energized conservatives take it all back from the communists. And when they do I hope they learn from the past mistakes and and stop listening to the mockingbird media (you know, the one the CIA controls) and damn the torpedoes to get things done we Americans=constitutionalists want...
    Just report him man. Jesus......:dunno:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If this was a police shooting we would know the officers identity in hours. They still have not announced who the officer was. This is suggesting that it was Pence Secret Service detail that shot her.

The Spectator reported

Sources close to and within the intelligence community tell Cockburn that Babbitt was actually shot by a member of then-vice president Mike Pence’s protective detail. The VP’s detail, of course, is provided by US Secret Service, not the Capitol Police. One person asserted to Cockburn over drinks in DC that this is ‘basically an open secret’ in the intelligence community.
    Law enforcement sources suggested to Cockburn that the Capitol Police Department and Department of Justice have publicly identified the shooter as a Capitol Police officer in order to protect the reputation of the Secret Service. Cockburn also wonders if this isn’t an attempt to protect Pence from further anger or threats from Capitol rioters who wanted him to refuse to certify the results of the election on January 6.
    A cover-up of this nature would also explain why the government hasn’t been forthcoming with other information about the alleged Capitol Police officer who they say shot Babbitt. Police officers who are involved in shootings are almost always identified publicly. The unnamed officer’s lawyer says that his client is being kept anonymous due to threats against his life. Babbitt’s family, however, argues that they have a right to know who shot and killed their beloved relative. Her husband, Aaron Babbitt, is suing Washington DC for access to records that would supposedly reveal the name of the officer.

Ff&j

Top Bottom