• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Pretty much a certainty. President gets one vote per state delegation and there are more red states.

Not really. You can bet your bottom dollar that a Democrat would have done whatever was necessary for a Democrat win, but I favor playing by the rules until it reaches the point that the other side is flagrantly disregarding them rendering the subject moot. In other words I would prefer a fair loss this time as opposed to being stuck in a cheating contest, although I believe we have passed that point.

Right idea but the other way around. House elects the president and Senate elects the VP.

Thanks for reminding me how that would have worked.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    We are all sure something fishy happened last election and we sit around pointing the blame finger instead of trying to find ways to prevent it from happening again.

Something fishy has happened in almost every election that I can remember back to the 70s. It's been so common that there have been jokes about it for as long as I can remember.

Yet nobody has done anything to address it. I can only assume that both parties benefit because they can easily manipulate the numbers to get the desired outcome.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Something fishy has happened in almost every election that I can remember back to the 70s. It's been so common that there have been jokes about it for as long as I can remember.

Yet nobody has done anything to address it. I can only assume that both parties benefit because they can easily manipulate the numbers to get the desired outcome.
    If voting really mattered, they wouldn't let us do it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

I respectfully disagree, I believe doing something is exactly what actual conservatives and constitutionalists (usually that means aligned with the Republican Party) have been trying to do with voting laws for the last 20 plus years.

It is why in primarily Republican controlled states you find voter ID laws, expanded election days, and efforts to maintain a solid audit trail of voting. If the efforts to date in those states are lacking, I would point primarily to permitting the use of electronic voting machines which do not contain a physical audit trail which is preeminent to the digital data from the machine.

What has not been done with those laws is to perform random statistically valid forensic audits of elections within those states who have improved their voting laws. Auditing is a critical factor to not only validate the laws, but also as a means to dissuade immoral actors from attempting to cheat the election. If a certain percentage of a state's absentee ballots were routinely audited to verify the voter submitted the ballot without unlawful assistance or coercion, they lived at the specified address, and if they signed the envelope then those who would abuse that process would be reluctant to abuse it.

The same can be said for electronic voting. If just one vendor's machines had their results thrown out in favor of the physical record when a discrepancy was found with their digital record there would be far higher confidence in electronic voting and elections determined using the technology.

Finally, there was the failure to adhere to state law during the height of the pandemic scare. The willingness of state's attorney generals, legislatures, election officials, and the executive branch to make changes to elections procedures without due process of law is unconscionable. Any reasonable and constitutionally protected approach to the changing of election procedures should have required each state to have directly authorized any changes through their legislature and executive branches. The failure to do so, and rely upon " emergency powers " is a corruption of our constitutional Republic system.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I respectfully disagree, I believe doing something is exactly what actual conservatives and constitutionalists (usually that means aligned with the Republican Party) have been trying to do with voting laws for the last 20 plus years.

It is why in primarily Republican controlled states you find voter ID laws, expanded election days, and efforts to maintain a solid audit trail of voting. If the efforts to date in those states are lacking, I would point primarily to permitting the use of electronic voting machines which do not contain a physical audit trail which is preeminent to the digital data from the machine.

What has not been done with those laws is to perform random statistically valid forensic audits of elections within those states who have improved their voting laws. Auditing is a critical factor to not only validate the laws, but also as a means to dissuade immoral actors from attempting to cheat the election. If a certain percentage of a state's absentee ballots were routinely audited to verify the voter submitted the ballot without unlawful assistance or coercion, they lived at the specified address, and if they signed the envelope then those who would abuse that process would be reluctant to abuse it.

The same can be said for electronic voting. If just one vendor's machines had their results thrown out in favor of the physical record when a discrepancy was found with their digital record there would be far higher confidence in electronic voting and elections determined using the technology.

Finally, there was the failure to adhere to state law during the height of the pandemic scare. The willingness of state's attorney generals, legislatures, election officials, and the executive branch to make changes to elections procedures without due process of law is unconscionable. Any reasonable and constitutionally protected approach to the changing of election procedures should have required each state to have directly authorized any changes through their legislature and executive branches. The failure to do so, and rely upon " emergency powers " is a corruption of our constitutional Republic system.
    QFT!!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Trump's points to Pence as part of the problem in tihs interview
    Anyone he won't throw under the bus to get ahead?

It's sad to see conservatives attack a (semi)honorable politician.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

To no avail.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Trump's points to Pence as part of the problem in tihs interview
    Besides this one instance that apparently conservatives disagree on, what did Pence do throughout his 4 years as VP that one would consider disloyal? Honestly, if Pence truly believed he had the ability to do what some people think he had the power to do, I have no doubt he would've it. The action would've potentially placed Trump in office for 4 more years, and primed Pence for 2028. Further, there's no way Pence did know that he was going to catch grief from Trump loyalists; and yet people believe he didn't try to throw out the votes because he had some bone to pick with Trump? On it's face it's ridiculous, and shows just how "spaced out," some Trumpers are.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Anyone he won't throw under the bus to get ahead?

It's sad to see conservatives attack a (semi)honorable politician.
    When Pilate [Pence] saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
    What people hold against Pence is that he would not even try

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What people hold against Pence is that he would not even try
    Yeah, heaven forbid a politician put their country and rule of law ahead of partisan politics.

Pence should have just been a good little soldier and done his part in the coup, instead of being ethical and sane.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, heaven forbid a politician put their country and rule of law ahead of partisan politics.

Pence should have just been a good little soldier and done his part in the coup, instead of being ethical and sane.
    He completely failed in the regard you suggest. Constitutionally, elections are delegated to the state legislatures, which Pencd made a decision to ignore.

He did in fact act the part of the good little soldier in the coup.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Since when is it sane to bow down to fraud and political tricks, throwing the entire nation and rule of law under the bus, just so you can collect good boy points with the spineless of the nation?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

If he put his country and rule of law ahead of partisan politics he would have wanted to ensure trust in our elections.

And please explain this “done his part in the coup” comment? What coup?

Top Bottom