• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKshooterusp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Damn chipmunks are on my radar this year. I normally don't mind the critters hanging around but this year it's war. They've been digging up my veggie garden so either my Beeman R9 or R1 will be called into duty.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a very accurate Feinwerkbau target air rifle in .177. It is regulated to 500fps for shooting in target competition. It never misses, but past 10 yards is not a good clean kill. Just not enough power.

A Daisy powerline 880 is pretty accurate and can make 800fps, which does make a better kill.

I think if I was going to get one just for rodent hunting, I would get something in .22 caliber.

It was originally hard for me to accept, but a really good pellet rifle costs as much or more than a really good .22 rimfire. Spend at least several hundred dollars and get a good one that will perform for the rest of your life

FWB MOD 500 AIR RIFLE WOOD AMBIDEXTROUS 32192

FWB Mod 500 Air Rifle Wood (Ambidextrous)
    $1,280.00

This is entry level for good pellet rifle for target use.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    CB cap in .22 rimfire used to be pretty popular. It was not uncommon for people to shoot them in their basements before people worried so much about lead. I have seen some in stock only a couple times over the last 20 years. The only problem I can see is that almost every city has statutes against discharging a firearm in city limits. Of course, if no one sees you, did it really happen?

CCI sells CB shorts for $15/ 100, but I just checked 3 places and they are out of stock.

Last edited:

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How much do those cost and where do you get them?
    Buy “Aguila Colibri”.....these are “Quieter than an air rifle”...out of a rifle.
    Can penetrate a *pop can* at 15 yards so definitely will eliminate pests.
    THEY WILL NOT...cycle a semi rifle, so either use a bolt, lever or pump rifle.

Be aware....They will make a loud *report* out of a handgun.

DONOT Use the Aguilia “Super Colibri”, as they are loud/makenoise (bother neighbors) and much more powerful. Will go right through pests.
    With air power,....Pellets traveling 1000fps or above are close to supersonic speeds and now it will sound like a firearm.
    Again we want to avoid bothering neighbors.

Prices are comparable to any .22 rimfire cartridges.

Attachments

• AEF89498-0EBC-4F73-95CF-5AE5A924BE46.jpeg
      AEF89498-0EBC-4F73-95CF-5AE5A924BE46.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 5
    Last edited:

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I want something for the tree stand. Lots of squirrels that need reducing while I wait for the larger game to show up. Too much sidewalk traffic for the chipmunks that go crazy in my yard. :(

PCP is waaaay out of my price range. Will look at the Benjamin pistons. Other ideas?

latj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I want something for the tree stand. Lots of squirrels that need reducing while I wait for the larger game to show up. Too much sidewalk traffic for the chipmunks that go crazy in my yard. :(

PCP is waaaay out of my price range. Will look at the Benjamin pistons. Other ideas?
    I have a Benjamin Trail NP XL in .22 with the nitrogen piston and it is loud, really loud IMO. I also have a Ruger piston in .177 and it's loud too. One main reason I went to PCP. Not sure where you're located but if you want to check it out I'll make you a good deal.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    For those of in a suburbs it's an entirely different conservation with the neighbors, 22 rifle vs a pellet gun. So far they don't blink when I tell them it's just an air gun.

I have several break open pellet rifles in .22 and .177 I took the plunge last month and went PCP and I'll never look back

View attachment 144002 View attachment 144001
    How loud is it ?
    Maybe just throw around some firecrackers and the neighbors will think that is what is happening

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    How loud is it ?
    Maybe just throw around some firecrackers and the neighbors will think that is what is happening
    Why would you suggest something that could end up with someone losing their 2a rights in order to kill a squirrel when a pellet gun would do the same task with less risks?

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    1624288605626.png
    I have a Crossman Nitro Springer I bought from Pyramid Air a few years ago. It looks similar to this one. Mine is in .22 cal. and will smack a chipmunk at 35 yards all day long. The Nitro is similar to a springer, but uses a piston. I really like it. Shoot in the back yard and don't have an issue with noise or the neighbors.

Good luck.

Top Bottom