• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Marlin camp 45. They used to be budget (under 400) not anymore. There were a couple grades one was beech stock and non checkered the other walnut with impressed checkering.

note if they used break cleaner to clean up after firing it may well need the buffer replaced. To be honest I would get two buffer pads as with age they need replaced

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    CMMG Banshee is available in .45, I believe, and it's a great platform. I have a 9mm built on their radially delayed blowback system, and I love it. Worlds ahead of my old straight-blowback AR!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If you want something... different, and cool, and are willing to have it built. There are folks that will take an enfeild (like those 410 bore ones), and turn them into 45 carbines. Perhaps even with an integrated suppressor.

Paying to have one done? Not cheap, but cool factor OFF THE CHART..

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What are some of the budget ones?
    LWRC SMG-45
    Kriss Vector
    Thompson
    UMP 45
    :):

I've never seen a "budget" PCC in 45 ACP, other than the Hi Point 4595. Especially in today's market.

I've got a Hi Point 4595, it's a lot of fun. I don't really have a lot of practical use for it, but I do really like it anyway.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's unfortunate that there aren't more PCCs in .45. I think the Foxtrot Mike AR45 is probably the closest thing to an "affordable" one, excepting the Hi-Point.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It's unfortunate that there aren't more PCCs in .45. I think the Foxtrot Mike AR45 is probably the closest thing to an "affordable" one, excepting the Hi-Point.
    I don't think they make a Foxtrot Mike 45 carbine. Just a braced pistol or pistol uppers. I may be wrong, I just have never seen a carbine length FM in 45 ACP.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't think they make a Foxtrot Mike 45 carbine. Just a braced pistol or pistol uppers. I may be wrong, I just have never seen a carbine length FM in 45 ACP.
    Brownells shows a 16" upper that is OOS or maybe discontinued. So they are out there. Concievably you could pick up a 16" .45 barrel somewhere and build one? AR45s are so unpopular that I haven't heard of much in the way of people building them from parts.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont discount the Hi Point. I dont know anyone that has one that doesnt like it.

The only complaint I have ever heard is that they are not good for shooting a long time. The barrel heats up and the design doesnt allow for quick cooling of the barrel, so it gets uncomfortable to hold after a while.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Dont discount the Hi Point. I dont know anyone that has one that doesnt like it.

The only complaint I have ever heard is that they are not good for shooting a long time. The barrel heats up and the design doesnt allow for quick cooling of the barrel, so it gets uncomfortable to hold after a while.
    I have one in the 10mm flavor and it is a hoot to shoot.
    It's pretty accurate too, for what it is.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    :):

I've never seen a "budget" PCC in 45 ACP, other than the Hi Point 4595. Especially in today's market.

I've got a Hi Point 4595, it's a lot of fun. I don't really have a lot of practical use for it, but I do really like it anyway.
    i have a 995ts. i absolutely love it. i wouldn't think twice to grab it 1st for home defense.

i'm really fighting myself not to get a .45. i would love a 10mm for the extra punch.

Top Bottom