• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    so I order a couple bricks of SK standard from MIDSOUTH shooters, that was Sunday, today I got a payment declined email from them.
    Anyone else getting fits from the credit card company or bank over firearms/ ammo purchases?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    used a Visa at a LGS that had "gun shop" in the name with no issues. Purchase was $600 ish, so not a small purchase.
    Also used a MC for a tax stamp this afternoon.
    So none from me yet.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've had zero problems if I enter things correctly. I would call my CC company and ask why it was declined.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    While your denial may not be firearms related don’t kid yourself that the CC companies are not tracking what you buy. They regularly sell this data mining information to marketing companies. If .Gov asked for your firearm purchase history the CC companies would give it up in a heartbeat. When it comes time to make the firearm seizure list the CC data will likely be used.

Buy Local, Buy with Cash

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    While your denial may not be firearms related don’t kid yourself that the CC companies are not tracking what you buy. They regularly sell this data mining information to marketing companies. If .Gov asked for your firearm purchase history the CC companies would give it up in a heartbeat. When it comes time to make the firearm seizure list the CC data will likely be used.

Buy Local, Buy with Cash
    Guess I better look at how I am paying for some of those, uhm... "art" website subscriptions I have...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Guess I better look at how I am paying for some of those, uhm... "art" website subscriptions I have...
    Those websites are okay so long as the "actresses" are being paid a $15 living wage (and hopefully are 18+). Of course if the art you are watching features "actors" you would probably get a Medal of Freedom for being so woke.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Buy Local, Buy with Cash
    Would they be in trouble for handing over private information without a court order? I would think that would be grounds for a law suit against said credit card company.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Would they be in trouble for handing over private information without a court order? I would think that would be grounds for a law suit against said credit card company.
    You might get a suit, but its a toss up if you'll get an Obama/Biden judge or a trump judge. Anything gun related I'm using cash if I can.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    It might be a issue that the gun shop is out of product, and it might be declined because of how shop puts it on card ? just a thought.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    you didn't say , but there may be a limit on the card ? Or you may have reached your max on the card ? Call the card company and see.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    By the time the lawsuit gets to court the .gov (in example posted) would have already passed the info around to the .
    G-MAN that would be knocking/kicking your door down taking your stuff.

what-difference-does-it-make.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    By the time the lawsuit gets to court the .gov (in example posted) would have already passed the info around to the .
    G-MAN that would be knocking/kicking your door down taking your stuff.

what-difference-does-it-make.jpg
    If it gets to that point in the United States I highly doubt G-Man will be kicking my door down unless American gun owners have decided to turn in their firearms for beer ,grilled steak, and kneelers every Sunday. I'd think they would have their hands full at other places.

However, until the American apocalypse happens it would be a violation of the constitution, and privacy laws in basically every state.

Top Bottom