• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So how many of you actually expect this guy to sing like a canary and put the others away for good? I’m skeptical.

In this case, I hope the snitch gets more than just stitches. I hope the street somehow gets to him, no matter how long it may take.

I looked for this one to be solved because of the nature of this murder. One of the murderers singing was not expected. Then again, Henry Hill? Sammy the bull? If it happens in the Mafia it will happen everywhere.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but also not sure if it deserves its own thread.

This case is unrelated to the OP case. I put it here, because the issue was raised regarding repeat offenders and the duration of offenders' time in jail/prison.

This is the case of a 17 year old young man, who lured another young man into an ambush and killed him.

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/12051701lhr.pdf

The Indiana Supreme Court reduced the Life Without Parole (LWOP) sentence to 80 years. Because they can.

The two justices who wrote in dissent are lawyers that I already respected greatly, and that has only increased.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Wow. When the protagonist is "Looney the Shooter" and the story involves teens on a weekend pass from the juvie center... you just know something good is going to happen.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

This case is unrelated to the OP case. I put it here, because the issue was raised regarding repeat offenders and the duration of offenders' time in jail/prison.

This is the case of a 17 year old young man, who lured another young man into an ambush and killed him.

The Indiana Supreme Court reduced the Life Without Parole (LWOP) sentence to 80 years. Because they can.

The two justices who wrote in dissent are lawyers that I already respected greatly, and that has only increased.

I absolutely hate the "it is a lawful and appropriate sentence, but we know better than those present for the trial" thing that seems to be the vogue in the Indiana appellate courts these days.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I absolutely hate the "it is a lawful and appropriate sentence, but we know better than those present for the trial" thing that seems to be the vogue in the Indiana appellate courts these days.

From your lips to God's ears.

In my (long past relevant experience) the App. Ct. was the worst at this. And, really, I'm not sure how new this is. I guess there probably was a lull after the changes in the early 2000s, right as I was getting out of this game. In fact, there were a couple times I am aware of that the AG considered arguing for appellate review of a sentence that seemed too LIGHT. That would've been kinda fun to argue.

But, as I thought more about that opinion, it really fits with the Sup. Ct.'s review of capital cases. There was always a risk, especially with some close cases.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Did anyone else see the "content appropriate" advertising in this thread?
    Book title How to be a Pastor's Wife.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    From your lips to God's ears.

In my (long past relevant experience) the App. Ct. was the worst at this. And, really, I'm not sure how new this is. I guess there probably was a lull after the changes in the early 2000s, right as I was getting out of this game. In fact, there were a couple times I am aware of that the AG considered arguing for appellate review of a sentence that seemed too LIGHT. That would've been kinda fun to argue.

But, as I thought more about that opinion, it really fits with the Sup. Ct.'s review of capital cases. There was always a risk, especially with some close cases.
    If a foggy memory serves, the "sentence too light" thing was tried around 2008 but got nuked by the Supremes. That, or I am confusing it with resentencing after a PCR...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Either way, that only seems fair.

The intensity (or lack thereof) of remorse, for example, can't be measured - only observed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

On the plus side, it speaks well of the functionality of a Hi-Point.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Congrats taxpayers.... you won the task of supporting this worthless piece of **** for the next 25 years; perhaps a few less if the prison gets crowded.

Then the piece of **** will be back out.

Top Bottom