PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    working on my 50 quantity, I mean, quality posts now!
    Interesting. What shiny object has caught your eye? or maybe you have a shiny object that you're hoping will catch someone else's eye? Whatever the case may be just follow the rules and you'll get there.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Never seen one before, but I can hear my grandma now, I’m sure she thought this marked the end of the world, when I’d stay there and do my homework with a scientific calculator she thought I was the spawn of satan or something. Well, that might have had a bit to do with her son-in-law, but man she hated calculators.

Ya'll remember when cash registers changed from mechanical to electronic?

Surely a sign of the Apocalypse.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Cashiers used to be able to count your change out to you. Now they struggle to figure out how to come up with the number on the screen.
    This is one of my pet peeves.
    How hard is it to count?
    If the clerk doesn't count my change back to me, I stand there and count it in front of them

If I'm running a cash register, I want to know I'm giving correct change and not coming up with a short drawer.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Must be pretty quiet around here. Remember the "50 posts? I ain't got time for that!!" guy? That was a classic.

Christmas is coming (it's December? How did this happen?) and tax return checks aren't too far away.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Must be pretty quiet around here. Remember the "50 posts? I ain't got time for that!!" guy? That was a classic.

Christmas is coming (it's December? How did this happen?) and tax return checks aren't too far away.
    Word got around that you guys are serious hard@ass€s.
    Should be, for what you get paid to keep the law around here.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I always give them their pound of flesh before the deadline.

Problem is they are taking the blood too.

Calling Shilock.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Cashiers used to be able to count your change out to you. Now they struggle to figure out how to come up with the number on the screen.
    Chick Fil A has employees collecting money in the drive through line before getting to the building and using old school change dispensers. Have not seen those in years…

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    This is one of my pet peeves.
    How hard is it to count?
    If the clerk doesn't count my change back to me, I stand there and count it in front of them

If I'm running a cash register, I want to know I'm giving correct change and not coming up with a short drawer.
    Same, all around.

How bout when you give them money different than the sale amount so you get a five or ten dollar bill back as change so you don’t end up with a bunch of ones and a pocket full of change, and they stare at you with a blank look on their face.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Same, all around.

How bout when you give them money different than the sale amount so you get a five or ten dollar bill back as change so you don’t end up with a bunch of ones and a pocket full of change, and they stare at you with a blank look on their face.
    That happened to me at Wendys a few weeks ago. The total was 17 and change, so I gave the cashier a twenty and 2 one's, plus the change in coins, thinking I'd get a five back. She looked at me like I'm retarded and said, you know the total's only 17, right? Then she gave me back my 2 one's, put my twenty in the till, and then gave me 3 more one's.

I didn't even bother trying to explain.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    That happened to me at Wendys a few weeks ago. The total was 17 and change, so I gave the cashier a twenty and 2 one's, plus the change in coins, thinking I'd get a five back. She looked at me like I'm retarded and said, you know the total's only 17, right? Then she gave me back my 2 one's, put my twenty in the till, and then gave me 3 more one's.

I didn't even bother trying to explain.
    Been there. I just let them complete there mission, then hand them back the very money they gave me back along with all the change they gave me and tell them to give me a five or what ever the bill mite be. Yep, counting to ten is hard. :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A couple of years ago I ordered three meals at LJS and handed the girl a twenty and a five and got about fourteen dollars in change.

I tried to tell her she had given me too much back, but she argued with me so I gave up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A couple of years ago I ordered three meals at LJS and handed the girl a twenty and a five and got about fourteen dollars in change.

I tried to tell her she had given me too much back, but she argued with me so I gave up.
    Yeah, I always tell them when they give me too much money back, but I am not going to argue about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom