PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Some. But teachers used to teach math, before gender studies.
    Well, i'll say this. My #2 is 23 yrs old and ive posted I educated them in MD. The only gender studies they had were walking down the boardwalk in Ocean City, Md.
    They went to great schools and I put them in a private military school from JH through HS.
    I learned when they were in ES there was a few things that weren't being taught any longer.
    Things like math tables, cash/money handling skills, cursive writing skills among other things.
    Thats where being a parent that pays attention to ones offspring comes into play.
    To be a parent one has to be aware of whats going on in your kids lives.
    We had writing time, flash card time, plastic money and cash register time.
    And we had hunting and fishing time, along with some video game time.
    What they didn't have was a bunch of wasted time.
    In the shop I have one of those Japanese slot machines, when one son would be playing it, occasionally I would yell to double what was on the screen, divide it in half and so on.
    If a kids parent is not that childs advocate, its gonna be a Bad Moon Rising.
    I worked my ass off as a single parent, time and money well spent.
    And with that you get letters home from Basic that say, Pops im the only one in my deck that knows how to use a washer and dryer.
    Or dad, people keep saying what nice handwriting I have.

To many parents want others to raise and education there children. When one allows that to happen, you get todays outcome with some schools.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Speaking of rules... I broke the law today. And I LIKED it.
    Shopping with the fam at Walmart. We are working as a team handing off, scanning, and bagging. My 13YO daughter who was scanning accidentally scanned a candy bar twice. She tapped the delete button and of course it froze and called for help.
    The lazy cashier sauntered over while still holding a conversation with her coworker. (I think she was mildly annoyed that we tried to interrupt them.) We explained what happened, and she scanned her badge, approved the delete, and then walked away, all the while still holding the conversation. Notice a missing step? Me neither at the time.

Then we get to the beer As I grab the beer and start to scan, I decided to be a rebel. I handed the beer to my daughter and said with an evil grin and and in a whispered sinister tone. "scan it!" She looked at me funny, then realized what was happening. She gave me a huge grin and scanned it. *clutches pearls* SOMEONE UNDER 21 JUST DARED TO TOUCH/SCAN ALCOHOL! :faint:

Then I saw something unexpected. Remember the missing step? It asked us "is the customer under 40?" instead of telling us to wait for an associate. LOLWUT?!?! I looked up and saw an extra row of buttons across the top of the screen. Remember the missing step? Yeah. About that. The cashier was so wrapped up in her conversation she couldnt do her job all the way. She forgot to exit Cashier Mode. So I dutifully did her job and clicked the "no" button. :rockwoot:

And sadly I didnt get to politely tell the greeter to "have a nice day" in response to "I need to see your receipt".

ed4dc816b0eb938acf8a5e749572b00e.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Speaking of rules... I broke the law today. And I LIKED it.
    Shopping with the fam at Walmart. We are working as a team handing off, scanning, and bagging. My 13YO daughter who was scanning accidentally scanned a candy bar twice. She tapped the delete button and of course it froze and called for help.
    The lazy cashier sauntered over while still holding a conversation with her coworker. (I think she was mildly annoyed that we tried to interrupt them.) We explained what happened, and she scanned her badge, approved the delete, and then walked away, all the while still holding the conversation. Notice a missing step? Me neither at the time.

Then we get to the beer As I grab the beer and start to scan, I decided to be a rebel. I handed the beer to my daughter and said with an evil grin and and in a whispered sinister tone. "scan it!" She looked at me funny, then realized what was happening. She gave me a huge grin and scanned it. *clutches pearls* SOMEONE UNDER 21 JUST DARED TO TOUCH/SCAN ALCOHOL! :faint:

Then I saw something unexpected. Remember the missing step? It asked us "is the customer under 40?" instead of telling us to wait for an associate. LOLWUT?!?! I looked up and saw an extra row of buttons across the top of the screen. Remember the missing step? Yeah. About that. The cashier was so wrapped up in her conversation she couldnt do her job all the way. She forgot to exit Cashier Mode. So I dutifully did her job and clicked the "no" button. :rockwoot:

And sadly I didnt get to politely tell the greeter to "have a nice day" in response to "I need to see your receipt".

ed4dc816b0eb938acf8a5e749572b00e.jpg
    I knew you had it in ya!

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have posted before about working at a High School after retiring. My favorite students were the learning disabled kids in the room next to me. They were fun, pleasant and engaging. All this even though their disabilities were all over the place.

They did a lot of training on making change. Even had a cash register the students had to master. Every Wednesday there was a trip to Walmart, students had to pay, check the change, and read the receipt for correct cost.

Really liked these kids. Often I had to get them back to their room because they congregated in mine to talk. Told them Dad jokes until they cried.

Don

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Meaning the rest of us are better for it if we don't have to read some folks attempts to get 50 quality posts?
    In the midst of reading through the (very enjoyable) discussion of cash counting, cashiers, and the value of educating your children well, I forgot what thread I was in and was very confused for a moment by the random comment about paying $20 a year. It didn't actually click until I read WebSnyper's reply. :lmfao:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    This is one of my pet peeves.
    How hard is it to count?
    If the clerk doesn't count my change back to me, I stand there and count it in front of them

If I'm running a cash register, I want to know I'm giving correct change and not coming up with a short drawer.
    i count it out just to show my jedi sig skills

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom