PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Shooter status shows up now I see. That's another thing Texkev can cross off the great INGO migration to-do list. If it's been like that for a month don't tell me...

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    He had me at "petty".
    Petty seems to be kind of a regular thing with some of the folks here.

It's a fact of life some people just like to b*tch and moan and will look for any Petty reason to do so with whoever they can bait into participating.

We gotta watch out for those guys / gals. Some just have a knack for baiting noobs into major acts of self-destruction.

New people just have to look at it like dating. Letting new people buy from classifieds right off the bat is like giving it up on the first date.

If we do that we'll never know if you truly like us or just want to raid our goodies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

It's a fact of life some people just like to b*tch and moan and will look for any Petty reason to do so with whoever they can bait into participating.

We gotta watch out for those guys / gals. Some just have a knack for baiting noobs into major acts of self-destruction.

New people just have to look at it like dating. Letting new people buy from classifieds right off the bat is like giving it up on the first date.

If we do that we'll never know if you truly like us or just want to raid our goodies.
    You know my ex?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I agree as to his merits but "DO NOT" belittle the site due to your own shortcomings.
    Let me elaborate. It's really quite simple. This site is like INGO'S house. If we want to use / play in their house then we should be accepting of the rules to do so.

They are doing us a favor by letting us participate, it's not the other way around. No matter how entertaining we may think ourselves to be, INGO does not have to let us participate. We have to earn that privilege.

Anywhere we go there are often rules to follow.

I have to wonder if perhaps it is a generational gap. Many like myself grew up on the Golden rule and following a parent and peer code of conduct. For those of us who had to earn our ribbons and trophies we find the request of INGO to be quite acceptable.

Perhaps for those who have always been catered to they just assume they are entitled to participate.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    He had me at "petty".
    Ya, the petty thing got my attention.

Bratch1976, if you're still paying attention to this thread, since you think the rule is "petty" I'll show my pettiness by letting you know that any chance you ever had making a sale to me
    or a possible purchase went right out the window.

How's that for being Petty? :ingo:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Well, we lost him, some have his personal info and can still buy stuff at his cost, but he is gone to INGO.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Bratch1976, if you're still paying attention to this thread, since you think the rule is "petty" I'll show my pettiness by letting you know that any chance you ever had making a sale to me

Your loss.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    So a post made on 3/13/21 still has people upset? There sure are too many folks here who believe that everyone can think what they want, as long as they agree with what you think. Yes, he said he thought the rules were petty, but he also said:

Donate money to support the site it’s not much. Or have discussions with people for a few days. Doesn’t seem that hard and at least the moderators seem somewhat understanding to the people that are not good at this stuff like myself. I think that the site is great but it could be easier to get to understand but with practice I guess it gets easier.

He also has two site supporter badges, which is two more than some of you who are whining.

As long as the header on this site says "Gun Classifieds" first, the argument that it is a community first just isn't supported by the facts. This is reinforced by allowing users to pay their way past the hallowed fifty post rule.

How many solid gun people do you want to push away? It seems this is a time to pull together.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So a post made on 3/13/21 still has people upset? There sure are too many folks here who believe that everyone can think what they want, as long as they agree with what you think. Yes, he said he thought the rules were petty, but he also said:

He also has two site supporter badges, which is two more than some of you who are whining.

As long as the header on this site says "Gun Classifieds" first, the argument that it is a community first just isn't supported by the facts. This is reinforced by allowing users to pay their way past the hallowed fifty post rule.

How many solid gun people do you want to push away? It seems this is a time to pull together.
    This guy has sent more rounds down range than possibly everyone in this thread. He is a staunch competitor and supporter of the sport. His son is paid to compete. Which one of you folks can match that.

Since all of this I have spent a lot of time with him getting him set up to "HELP" the members get the best deals going and bypass those among us that are only here in times of peril to fleece the members. Those of you that are leeches know who you are and you are not in a good light with me. Sell your overpriced crap elsewhere and stop crying to me when you miss a deal you could have made money on. Most of those I reference are not supporters and if they are it is only to get back in the game.

Now, as I know most of you are seriously defensive of our little haven lets do this.....let this one go OK. He is a stand up man hell bent to put himself out there to support his sponsors and pass some serious savings along to us.

This will be the last bashing of this new guy. So lets look for some one else to beat up. Please.

Ya-all know I luv's ya right.....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK lets have a contest.........You will loose.

I have done this before and here we go again.
    Stop. Just stop driving off good people. If you dont like my post then you step pff.

Hows that. Petty enough for you.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks CM,

I feel a bit responsible here I kind of threw him to the dogs. He has never used social media before and whereas I tried to give him some pointers, there is a lot to learn here.

He made a few blunders, most in trying to help people, aside from the one word that some took exception to, he did pretty well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom