• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Doesn't every president pardon tons of people right before they leave? Of course, the media never made a big deal out of it for the last president. On trump's list are soldiers who were accused of war crimes, on Obamas were Bradly Manning (leaked classified info to wikileaks) and convicted terrorist Oscar lopez. Trump pardons Flynn who was literally set up by the FBI then pressured they would go after his family. Obama pardons tons of low level "non violent" felons because of race. Many turned out to be violent felons with gun crimes. I don't have any problem with Trump pardoning the people that were unjustly screwed over by the us govt. I wouldn't have problems if Obama did that as well. The problem is.... One is not like the other. You'll see a huge deal made out of trump's pardons, because that's what the media has done every single day on every single nothing burger.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Lets not forget

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Julian Assange?
    I highly suspect that's why they're keeping impeachment pressure on him right to the very end, and beyond. That's the only real power a President holds at this point in his term. I read an article yesterday quoting an "inside source," who said "certain things" had to be off the table pardon-wise, if Trump wanted to avoid Democrats peeling off the 7 or so additional Republicans that would be needed in the Senate to impeach him (in addition to the 10 they already have).

Among those "no-no's" were 1) Pardoning himself or his family, 2) having Giuliani involved in the impeachment trial in any way, and 3) Assange is not to be pardoned.

It's ironic, because the Intelligence establishment leaked classified information to the media for 4 years to try to politically damage Trump, but yet the one thing Washington will go to the mat for is making sure two other leakers don't get pardons. Nothing would tweak the Intelligence community more than Assange or Snowden being pardoned; it would be the perfect revenge for Trump. And he's apparently going to give that up in an effort to prevent being impeached.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doesn't every president pardon tons of people right before they leave? Of course, the media never made a big deal out of it for the last president. On trump's list are soldiers who were accused of war crimes, on Obamas were Bradly Manning (leaked classified info to wikileaks) and convicted terrorist Oscar lopez. Trump pardons Flynn who was literally set up by the FBI then pressured they would go after his family. Obama pardons tons of low level "non violent" felons because of race. Many turned out to be violent felons with gun crimes. I don't have any problem with Trump pardoning the people that were unjustly screwed over by the us govt. I wouldn't have problems if Obama did that as well. The problem is.... One is not like the other. You'll see a huge deal made out of trump's pardons, because that's what the media has done every single day on every single nothing burger.
    Uhhhh, cite? Because, yes, I think you made that up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I found a link yesterday. If he did indeed pardon all 100, he would be the 2nd LEAST pardoning president since they started keeping track around the turn of the century. (1897?) I forget who it was but the least was around 50 people total.

I expect somebody to bitch about how many people he didnt pardon and how much of a disservice he did to those needy people.

Top Bottom