• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This exchange took place on my fb page. I thought its message was worth sharing here.

I posted:
    1624581648772.png

My good friend of many years posted this comment:

I have some liberal views. I have some conservative views.

Goodness. I am a registered (D).

I have a lot of improvements I'd like to make, but I think my command of a rifle can pretty well stand on it's own at this point.
    There ARE distinguishing characteristics between the ends of the spectrum, but embracing tyranny or preserving freedom are not exclusive to either end of the arbitrary -and-asinine two-view political system we have created.

So how DOES somebody like me fit the narrative you've shared, John? There are a lot more of me--people in the middle--than those at the ends of the spectrum.

This was my reply:

Folks that occupy the middle of the spectrum tend to get overlooked amid all the shouting from the bookends, the middle doesn't present as a threat to either camp. The middle has the unique advantage of not being branded as one or the other. You therefore can fit yourself in wherever you wish. Advocate for your points of view to the extent that suit you. Then your place will gravitate to one side or the other, whichever you feel most comfortable.

My middle son is in a similar place as you and he is very frustrated. He has the desire to fix, he is an adult but is much younger than you and is just now learning the way the world actually works. He wants to change the world, but he feels he has no representation even though he spent a lot of energy last fall denouncing the sitting administration. Now, he criticizes it all but doesn't spend much time on viable, workable solutions. Listening to him is tiring. Love him I do, but his anger is draining.

You didn’t ask for it but the best advice I can offer him, and you, is to focus your energy on your sphere. That is yourself and your family & friends. Take steps to make your small corner of the world the best you can make it. Stay out of the line of fire from those who are yelling, they do not have your best interest at heart. Rely on yourself, trust those that are closest to you. Pray for peace, prepare for war.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    So you are saying that the conservative should only try to influence his small circle of friends while it is ok for the liberal to push their views on everyone? That’s how I read your explanation of the fb post.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The number 1 and 2 issue that all Americans should be focusing on and voting on is support for the 1st and 2nd Amendments.

All else is fruitless in our current state of affairs.

You are either a true patriot or not. There is no middle ground when it comes to our God given rights and those who will put these rights behind anything else is, IMO, not a true patriot.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So you are saying that the conservative should only try to influence his small circle of friends while it is ok for the liberal to push their views on everyone? That’s how I read your explanation of the fb post.
    My advice is for every person. Not for just one and not the other.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My God-given rights are not subject to a "spectrum" of beliefs. They are binary: black-and-white, definitive, and unambiguous. One either supports the free exercise of the unalienable rights with which we were endowed by our Creator, or one does not. There is no "middle ground."

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There is no middle ground on this issue for me. None whatsoever. Middle ground always involves compromise, which means we always lose and they always win. Sure, it's just a little bit at a time, but those little bits add up.

So **** the idea of common ground. There isn't any. And **** anyone and everyone who votes for a person who would ban anything firearm related.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No you missed his point. I see it and I agree.
    I am a conservative to the very core. I have wasted Soooooooooooooooo much energy in my attempts to change/save the world that I am now weary of that struggle. We are concentrating on our sphere as well. Making a difference here in the young people we are sending out into the world hoping with them there is a chance.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I applaud the attitude of allowing everyone to decide for themselves what they wish to do. THAT is freedom. I will withhold comment on being a democrat, out of respect for you and not wanting to be banned.
    being apolitical myself, i see nothing wrong with being for either party as long as you remember to be an american first.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    No you missed his point. I see it and I agree.
    I am a conservative to the very core. I have wasted Soooooooooooooooo much energy in my attempts to change/save the world that I am now weary of that struggle. We are concentrating on our sphere as well. Making a difference here in the young people we are sending out into the world hoping with them there is a chance.
    yes. yes. yes. because it all begins at home.

we lose what it truly means to be an american if we keep arguing over which party is right or wrong.

i do see in today's climate there is one party that focuses on dividing america along party lines. that keeps our energy directed at hating each other and not remembering that WE allow the government to exercise the authority placed in their hands.

from my stance on the outside of the political spectrum, i see that most true AMERICANS want the same things. it is only when we focus our energies on dividing ourselves along party lines that we take our eyes off the american dream.

look very closely at what goes on behind the scenes and you'll see that they turn on each other because of their love of chaos and division.

unite as americans and you'll see the lovers of chaos and division disappear.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Making a difference here in the young people we are sending out into the world hoping with them there is a chance.
    I totally agree. We have neglected our responsibility and while arguing against ourselves about the left, freedoms and such, the left has openly indoctrinated a generation or 2 of our children.

Many saw it, many spoke about it. Today many see it, many speak about it.
    We know how to turn the burner off, yet the frog in the water is simmering more than ever.

Many - MANY who call us their friend, are not.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    being apolitical myself, i see nothing wrong with being for either party as long as you remember to be an american first.
    LOL...

Would you support a party that would mandate teaching lies in order to achieve a political objective? Would you allow a party to mandate sex education (graphic) to your 1st grader, taught by a transvestite? Would you allow teachers to become the primary person in your child's life; telling YOU how to raise your child, since they know better? Would you allow an elected school board to mandate books and other indoctrinating material even though you and the community are against it? Would you allow refugees from a country become government officials and then speak out against the very county that saved them? Would yiou allow an illegal foreigner to spit on your grandfathers grave because he was a WWII veteran? Would you allow the removsl of guns from good people while allowing criminals into this country through an open border?

You see nothing wrong with that? Those who believe in "live and let live" have ruined this country.

BTW, what is an American?

Top Bottom