• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    Classifier stage. The thing you did last year with the classifier target array embedded in the field course seemed to work pretty well. (But was hard to design the stages?)

Coach’s strategy of a ~18-rd stage with movement on the left and a single-array skills stage on the right also worked well for his carry-gun matches, but he ran 2 of each and that may be harder with actual classifiers if the target array isn’t the same for both.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Classifier stage. The thing you did last year with the classifier target array embedded in the field course seemed to work pretty well. (But was hard to design the stages?)

Coach’s strategy of a ~18-rd stage with movement on the left and a single-array skills stage on the right also worked well for his carry-gun matches, but he ran 2 of each and that may be harder with actual classifiers if the target array isn’t the same for both.
    It does make the stages around it a little harder to design, but not impossible
    It also does change the match fee. A match without a classifier activity fee is $1.50, with one classifier it is $3.00
    ($4/2, $5/3)

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I would say straight up shooting. If there is a classifier, just do something simple to set-up. I seem to remember spending a lot of time measuring targets, and distances to fault lines last year.

Just a note on the time. I know for me, 6pm is really tight as an 8-5 guy. I won't be much help for set-up at that time.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I'm not sure how much I'll be involved since I'm 90 minutes away and teleportation hasn't been invented yet

I'd vote for more shooting. No classifiers.

If people want classifiers, maybe hold a classifier match on a weekend or something.

Jthenikl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Su
    Let’s get some matches going next month at Parabellum!

Looking at :
    Wednesday 12-7 at 6:00pm
    Wednesday 12-21 at 6:00pm

I will be working on stages and running the match. Will figure out registering for them with Trevor and get that information out there.

More information to come
    Really looking forward to these! Does sign up usually take place on practiscore or elsewhere? Really want to get a spot.

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    Ive been out of it a little while but shot many of Coach’s matches. Once info becomes available Id like to make one. In the meantime I’ll pin the targets to the wall s in the living room!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just an FYI..
    stage designs are not blueprints, especially mine, they are more concepts that work themselves

First two matches are straight shooting stages, not classifiers.
    I will be showing up at 4:00 to start hanging targets and getting stuff ready to set up

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    So as someone who’s never shot a USPSA match before:

-I need a functioning handgun
    -holster
    -2 spare mags
    -100rnds of ammo
    -Eye/ear pro

And that’s it, correct? I’d probably just run my Safariland since that’s what I have, not really looking to compete, just get out and shoot. I’m used to 2-gun matches run outside, so just making sure I’m not missing anything. I’m thinking of running the match on the 21st if I can make the scheduling work. Thanks!

Top Bottom