• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Parabellum will be having a lowlight shoot Sunday June 6th.
    Safety briefing is at 7pm and you must be present for the briefing to shoot. Match starts immediately after briefing and should be done by 8:30

Cost is $20.00 per shooter, signup here: https://www.parabellumfirearms.com/ccms/index.cfm/info-pages/events/low-light-shoot/

Ammo supply being what it is round count will only be 48 rounds….unless you decide to shoot the good guys too.
    This will be two 24 round stages and you can choose to use either weapon mounted light or hand held light or you can do WML one string and handheld the second stage.

This is not a training class so come prepared to shoot, there will be time to top off mags between stages but the course will be shot one person at a time and it will go quicker if you have enough ammo on your person to shoot 50 rounds without reloading.

Also we will be doing a table start so if you don’t have a holster to accommodate a WML you can still shoot.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Low light shoot is Less than 1 week away.

Much of this idea comes from matches Aron held and I always wondered why there were not more.

So I asked and Joe at Parabellum and he was kind enough to agree to let me see what I can put on.

This will be a good test of your equipment and some hands on shooting in the dark with your personal lights. My goal is to make this fun but challenging as well.

This match is limited to 15 people, there are 12 slots open at this time this would be a great addition for those that enjoy carry gun matches since the goal is to put your carry equipment to use.

Side note

According to FBI studies violent crimes are more likely to happen at night, so be prepared…

Percentage of Police Incident Reports, by Offense Type
    OffenseAt Night PercentageDuring the Day Percentage
    DWI/DUI87%13%
    Murder & Negligent Manslaughter65%35%
    Rape/Sexual Assault59%41%
    Robbery56%44%
    Aggravated Assault54%46%
    Motor Vehicle Theft51%49%
    Burglary50%50%
    Property Crime48%52%
    Simple Assault47%53%
    Drug Violation43%57%
    Larceny/Theft40%60%

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was hoping to join you. I was texting the wife to figure out what would work best for us... IDPA saturday or this. As I finished texting, I realized I need to drive to Huntsville Sunday for work. So that would put me at my hotel at like 2am. Ugh.

Hopefully this goes well and there will be a next time. Because I had a BLAST when Coach did it. I'll never forget the one stage. I'm first up. I'm thinking, "ok, no worries, I can barely see my rifle from the bay lights a couple bays over. Piece of cake." Then Aron says "OK Viv. Kill the lights." And suddenly it all goes black, I hear a beep, and have to feel for my unloaded rifle and mag. Yikes! :):

Good times.

And thanks for stepping up. You'll do great.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I was hoping to join you. I was texting the wife to figure out what would work best for us... IDPA saturday or this. As I finished texting, I realized I need to drive to Huntsville Sunday for work. So that would put me at my hotel at like 2am. Ugh.

Hopefully this goes well and there will be a next time. Because I had a BLAST when Coach did it. I'll never forget the one stage. I'm first up. I'm thinking, "ok, no worries, I can barely see my rifle from the bay lights a couple bays over. Piece of cake." Then Aron says "OK Viv. Kill the lights." And suddenly it all goes black, I hear a beep, and have to feel for my unloaded rifle and mag. Yikes! :):

Good times.

And thanks for stepping up. You'll do great.
    They were fun, too bad you can't make it.
    If I had a better memory I would probably copy what Coach did, but I don't remember much of how they were setup, so I have put quite a bit of time into coming up with something I think will be a good shoot. I had some help over the weekend setting up scenarios at home and shooting them. It was daylight but the stages were still fun. Should be more so in the dark :)

Maybe next time. If all goes well I will do carbine later

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    No, it will be shot in front of the stalls and there will be movement

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Glad it's table start. I ordered a new holster but isn't estimated to arrive until the 7th - which probably means I'll get it around Christmas time.
    I do have the light in my office PO Box. Didn't want to try using handheld light. Last time I did that I had tons of malfunctions.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    For those attending. the stages are 24 round and up if you shoot none threats. Be sure you have enough ammo in mags to complete the stage. I am think of those that may want to shoot a shield or similar size gun

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I should have shot some video from the last stall (14?). It was kinda erie watching the muzzle blast and smoke as the competitors went through the CoF. I appreciated the guy that brought NV without using s light, too. Wish we had communicated a little better so I didn’t blind him by turning the lights on

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom