• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I don’t really know, but my guess would be no. I heard one of the employees that helped with them isn’t there anymore.

Jake is running USPSA matches there again, which are similar.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I ran into Kevin at Fort Liberty a while back. Sounds like they will try to bring it back, possibly with @AllenM involved. Hey Allen, have you heard about this?? :rofl:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    See post #3 and welcome to INGO! Click the link below and introduce yourself.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    We've been trying to run them at Riley like Coach used to. Most people that came, drove from Indy. The last few matches we had more help than shooters.

I think because of the travel and gas prices (ammo prices and prices in general) hurt the attendance of most matches.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    We've been trying to run them at Riley like Coach used to. Most people that came, drove from Indy. The last few matches we had more help than shooters.

I think because of the travel and gas prices (ammo prices and prices in general) hurt the attendance of most matches.

I agree. Avon was very convenient. I would drive to Riley but not on a routine basis.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I always enjoyed shooting the matches there and appreciated the stages that were possible at Riley that couldn't be duplicated indoors. I went to several when Coach was running them but for the reasons you stated it's been difficult to attend.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I had alot of fun putting on the low light shoots. Mostly because I was able to use guns I don't normally get to practice with.
    But as of right now I don't personally have plans for future low light events until work eases up or I can find more help.
    Crazy times

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    You guys had a knack for picking weekends for the Riley matches that conflicted with family events for me. Wish I could have made it to more than one this year. The Avon ones were easier to get to (1/3 as far for me), and getting home late on a weeknight wasn’t usually a problem.

Coach left big shoes to fill, but I think you guys came closer to maintaining his level at Riley than they did at Avon.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Suggestion for the Riley matches. (if you are still doing it this way) Ditch the quick in/out scheduled flight model. Half the fun of a shooting match is the social aspect of hanging around with friends. I dont want to drive 45 minutes alone, to show up and shoot, and then turn around a go home. Too sterile for my tastes.

Is it efficient? Absolutely! But its nothing like the real thing. [in an effort not to get my hand slapped for inappropriate mature content Im replacing my comparison to um... "shaking hands with the milkman" to some "afternoon delight"] In other words, its more fun to do it with somebody else than it is to do it alone.

But if you are still doing it that way, I'm not asking for you to change just for me. I may not go out still, honestly due to the drive. But I wanted to at least toss that out in case others might feel the same way but didnt want to be the first to say anything.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Suggestion for the Riley matches. (if you are still doing it this way) Ditch the quick in/out scheduled flight model. Half the fun of a shooting match is the social aspect of hanging around with friends. I dont want to drive 45 minutes alone, to show up and shoot, and then turn around a go home. Too sterile for my tastes.

Is it efficient? Absolutely! But its nothing like the real thing. [in an effort not to get my hand slapped for inappropriate mature content Im replacing my comparison to um... "shaking hands with the milkman" to some "afternoon delight"] In other words, its more fun to do it with somebody else than it is to do it alone.

But if you are still doing it that way, I'm not asking for you to change just for me. I may not go out still, honestly due to the drive. But I wanted to at least toss that out in case others might feel the same way but didnt want to be the first to say anything.

The point is to put 75-100 rounds downrange without having to paste and getting some semi meaningful shooting in without tying up the whole day. Most people do socialize after they shoot with the people in their time allotment and the folks coming in for the next hour. Usually the time allotments are "buddies" anyway.

Something to think about. But if we were to do it that way, we'd might as well start IDPA back up and it hasn't been sustainable at Riley for various reasons (plus none of us are members of IDPA or idpa RSOs).

Top Bottom