Palmetto State Armory - SLOW as a Chevette with 3 cylinders unplugged!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Palmetto State Armory as an Online Gun Dealer is TERRIBLE.

Beautiful website that is a real pleasure to browse and use. This is where the positives come to an END. They are extremely SLOW to ship and have very poor communication skills. And before anyone even tries to defend their BS as a "pandemic gun surge issue" - just DON'T. A cursory Google will reveal this is a Standard Way of Life for this jack ass company from long before Covid 19.

That really is no excuse anyway. If demand is too great you either need to hire more help or start limiting orders or something until you can catch up. In 2020 (and really for the past decade or so) if you are an online dealer of ANY KIND you need to SHIP the product out within 48 business hours of taking the customer's money. OR at the very least you need to answer all emails within 24 business hours. But perhaps their biggest sin is not ANSWERING the damned phone! They sent me a rather threatening email 5-6 days after I placed my order (which still hasn't shipped after 16 days) saying if I didn't get my FFL's paperwork corrected they would return my item to stock and cancel the order. Well the FFL I chose is the very respected and well known Top Shot of Evansville (formerly J & S). I got with Brian at Top Shot and he was all over this emailing and calling to correct the problem. I assume this was related to the business name change. At any rate he told me they won't answer his emails OR the PHONE! So I emailed them about the issue and their response seemed canned and made no mention of the FFL problem:

"Thank you for choosing Palmetto State Armory!

We apologize for the delay in processing and shipping your order. Our normal shipping times have been impacted due to COVID-19 issues. This has caused a delay up to 7 business days beyond our normal shipping time.

We are working to process and ship your order as fast as we can. Please bear with us as we work to continue to excel in the firearms industry by producing quality products at unbelievable prices with unparalleled customer service, and product reliability.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Palmetto State Armory Customer Service"

WTF?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They will get no more of money.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I picked them mainly because they SAY they have stock in the gun model I wanted...and they seem to be really well known. I figured "safe bet"....boy was I wrong!

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I'm not sticking up for them but, I have ordered a butt load of SS109 in the last rew years from them and its always been on my porch in 4-5 days from ordering.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have ordered from them in the past. Hit and miss. Mostly miss. But, I know that and I order stuff when I'm in no hurry. That way I get the deal, the quality and the service!

I did talk to them 3 years or so ago at the NRA show. They acknowledged that they grew so fast that they were unprepared. They said they were working on getting things squared away.

I don't think they ever did. I'm guessing it's in their business model. Probably has to do with payables and receivables. :)

I won't say I won't buy from them again, but I don't go to them first...or second.

Then again, I'm not buying these days anyway. I have a gun.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I've ordered from them twice in the past when they had bolt carrier groups on sale. One time it took 4 days from ordering to arrival, the other time it took 3 weeks. I will probably buy from them again if the price is right but never for something i am in a hurry for and i will never order an ffl item from them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I picked them mainly because they SAY they have stock in the gun model I wanted...and they seem to be really well known. I figured "safe bet"....boy was I wrong!

These folks are always in slow gear when any crisis hits and trust me we are in a gun/ammo/parts crisis. I stopped using PSA due to this very issue.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Absolutely HORRENDOUS customer service. Bunch of f***ing idiots. But they sell good quality stuff at low prices. Just know you're going to wait for it.

Ive had exact opposite.

Do they take forever to ship? Pre covid it was a 7 day wait for it to hit the UPS truck. But its good product for a good price.

They stood behind a defective AR even when they could have told me to pound sand. Hell, one CS rep said "look, your problem isnt a safety issue and it works mostly. The part we need to fix you wont be available for a couple months. I dont want it sitting on my bench for 2 months when you could be shooting it. Enjoy it as much as you can and send it to me later." I LOVE that honesty.

Now if I was paying Daniel Defense or Wilson Combat money, damn straight I'd be pissed. But given their price point, I'm OK with it. (and its OK if you're not)

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I finally got the gun. I ordered it on 7/09....they finally shipped it on 8/05....and then ONLY because I sent an email and told them to CANCEL the order and refund my credit card. Not 2 hours later I got an email response saying it could NOT be cancelled as they JUST shipped it out. Makes me wonder if I had tried to cancel 3 weeks ago they would have just shipped the damn thing out then?

I'm DONE with that crap-ass company.

And Cameramonkey - even a 7 day wait to ship is unacceptable pre-covid for ANY online store. It just IS. If they claim to have stock in whatever you are after there is no excuse not to ship within 2-4 biz days from receiving your money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I finally got the gun. I ordered it on 7/09....they finally shipped it on 8/05....and then ONLY because I sent an email and told them to CANCEL the order and refund my credit card. Not 2 hours later I got an email response saying it could NOT be cancelled as they JUST shipped it out. Makes me wonder if I had tried to cancel 3 weeks ago they would have just shipped the damn thing out then?

I'm DONE with that crap-ass company.

And Cameramonkey - even a 7 day wait to ship is unacceptable pre-covid for ANY online store. It just IS. If they claim to have stock in whatever you are after there is no excuse not to ship within 2-4 biz days from receiving your money.

Yup. I agree. Especially when they hit your card as soon as you click complete order. Bang they have the money in hand and you wait. I call :bs: on that practice and they are the worst.

On top of that they do not sell top shelf products as you get exactly what you pay for and nothing more. I have owned too many of these.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I ordered a ar pistol kit and lower Wednesday. Lower shipped Thursday and kit shipped today. I'll update when I have more shipping info.

Same for me. Ordered Wednesday, shipped Thursday. Tracking shows a Tuesday delivery.

Placed my last order in June and it arrived within a week.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yup. I agree. Especially when they hit your card as soon as you click complete order. Bang they have the money in hand and you wait. I call :bs: on that practice and they are the worst.

They may be playing the money game. If they get extended terms with their suppliers and get our money right away, they can use the money for that period of time before it is due to their suppliers.

They may be collecting money from customers, placing the orders with their suppliers and since they already have our money, they can take advantage of favorable terms from their suppliers. Probably even get a discount for early payment.

It may come back to bite them if they lose too much business.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ""SLOW as a Chevette with 3 cylinders unplugged!"

I once drove a 1977 Chevette with the 1.4L fourbanger with one dead cylinder. That's slow, it barely moved. If you had three dead cylinders the engine would simply collapse in on itself like a black hole. You'd never get out of the driveway.

Last edited:

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Pistol build kit arrived yesterday. Lower is somewhere not sure how long it will take the ffl to get through other orders. If it shows up before the weekend I'll be happy. On a side note ordered from Midway and Primary arms Saturday. Midway order arrived today and tracking shows primary arms arriving tomorrow. DD rear sight, xs night sights, strike shorty flash hider, spikes h2 buffer, blue enhanced recoil spring, Radian ambi charging handle.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I have generally had good results with them, not sure why. Most recently ordered one of their AKs that went from processing to delivered in five days. Usually not that fast, but nothing like the issues others have had. Just a matter of time I suppose...

Top Bottom