• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bought a pistol Marauder to go with my full sized Benjamin Marauder. What a sweet combo this is turning out to be. Lotta backyard safari's doing pest control and tuning up my marksmanship. P-Rod is light as a feather compared to the 9-10# M-Rod.

3 new starlings and a 1:00AM opossum went to the next door pasture varmint cemetery in the last few days.

So far, the new P-Rod seems to like the JSB Hades .22's, just like the M-Rod. A hunting pellet that outshoots the rest is a real plus. I have a tin of the JSB Exact 14.35gr that I never seem to get around to trying out. :dunno:

I'm pretty happy hand pumping these guns. The prepper in me thinks I need another hand pump on hand for just in case the Benjamin pump would give up the ghost during SHTF? Some sort of smaller air tank might be a consideration also?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That’s a good combo. I have a shoulder stock on my P-Rod and makes for a super compact carbine.
    Yes. That's what prompted me to pick up the P-Rod.

This one came with the RAI buffer tube adapter. I put on a Magpul stock, along with another QD sling mount on the forend to sling it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought I broke the new to me P-Rod. Turns out there is a screw at the back of the gun that needs regular checking. It loosens up from use, to the point of stopping the gun from shooting. Had the same issue with the M-Rod.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have by no means extensively detail tested the P-rod. No real time yet for chrono work or finding the sweet spot range in tank pressure for optimum accuracy.

My PCP's are hunters, back door ready for varmint eradication. For my purposes thus far, keeping the pressure just in the red at the top end seems to be the way to go. I notice that I can see the pellet dropping to just miss the target at 40 yards after 16 shots (2 mags) with the P-rod. The practice lately has been to top off after those two mags.

I'm happy with the system that has been developed. The hand pump has a place to live in the back door foyer with indoor and outdoor mats that serve the use of a place to lay the guns for pumping. The P-rod pumps easy and quick. After 16 shots, it tops off in 20ish pumps. Just takes a couple quick minutes and is barely a workout, unlike the M-rod that goes much farther on shots and takes much more to fill.

Top Bottom