• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I'm in the process of de-priming a thousand or so pieces of 9mm brass, assorted headstamp... a number of them, all nickel plated are marked +P.
    Are these cases any different than common brass?

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I don't know if you have different 9mm loads, but I use my nickel plated 38 special brass for a specific load. The nickel lets me differentiate them from another load that uses the same bullet. I do something similar with 12 gauge hulls. Different color AA hulls for different loads; 1oz, 1 1/8 oz, 1 1/4 oz...

I have 13 different loads for 38 special. Of course I keep them in different containers, but cases, primers, and bullets help me keep them separated when in use.

Use the nickel cases for a different load. I do not shoot 9mm as much as other handgun cartridges, but I do have 8 different loads, depending on the gun and/or use.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm in the process of de-priming a thousand or so pieces of 9mm brass, assorted headstamp... a number of them, all nickel plated are marked +P.
    Are these cases any different than common brass?
    No they are the same.
    I use my nickel plated brass for Hollow Point bullets only.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You can also take your calipers and measure thickness. I highly doubt you'll see much difference other than from brass brand to another. I've noticed the head of a case is slightly different from one maker to another. I bet case thickness is also slightly different.

Top Bottom