• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The Brady Camp was just STUMBLING for words here. It's just amazing how they can contradict themselves and call themselves "not Anti-Gun" when they claim this very title EVERYDAY. Thanks for sharing and it just goes to show that my monthly and sometimes twice monthly emails to the Brady Camp are well worth it. LOL

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Paul Helmke former Republican mayor of Fort Wayne, IN

They were really trying to put the blame on this dealer. He didn't know who this kid was when he sold the gun. The guy was a customer and no more at the time.

Yes, this dealer is benefiting from the publicity opportunity and he is caught in a most unfortunate situation. It's so easy to blame after the fact.

The big solution would be to eliminate crime and criminals so no one needed guns. Since that's not happening, I want to be protected until we can find such a solution.

Last edited:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Mr. Thompson did a great job. I have bought from him before and I think Monday morning I'll buy from him something that I probably don't even need, just for this interview.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    on fox news nonetheless......I liked the facial expressions on all of them, thompson looked calm and the other two were getting caught in lies, without a line, and such.....lol

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Mr. Thompson did a great job. I have bought from him before and I think Monday morning I'll buy from him something that I probably don't even need, just for this interview.

It's a shame that he didn't mention that there are MILLIONS of guns in homes and that they haven't been used to harm anyone and urged that those stats be compared with those used in crimes.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Maybe like that guy who put a webcam on his old revolver who thought that maybe it was sneaking out and causing evil, maybe ours, being younger and newer have the strength to jump up and sneak away to cause mayhem! We should all lock our firearms up and keep cameras on the safes so we know for sure! LOL :lmfao::lmfao:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Maybe like that guy who put a webcam on his old revolver who thought that maybe it was sneaking out and causing evil, maybe ours, being younger and newer have the strength to jump up and sneak away to cause mayhem! We should all lock our firearms up and keep cameras on the safes so we know for sure! LOL :lmfao::lmfao:

Yeah. Strange isn't it that one doesn't see the little arms and legs on those things. But somehow they move on thier own? :rolleyesedit::):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Could be worse. Maybe the bullets have evil spirits and possess the owner... LOL ok i'll shut up!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think that an interview like that doesn't really sway people in any direction, it just reinforces what people already believe. The subject is too complex for just a few minutes. I don't think that people really understand what a background check entails. The Brady spokesman makes it sound like you can buy a handgun from an ice cream truck.

There needs to be more earnest and detailed discussion about what really happens when honest people can carry firearms for self defense. There needs to be more discussion about the failure of gun control measures to curb violence. Pragmatic evidence is needed to overcome the emotional feelings people have regarding this issue. Just my 2 cents.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I think that an interview like that doesn't really sway people in any direction, it just reinforces what people already believe. The subject is too complex for just a few minutes. I don't think that people really understand what a background check entails. The Brady spokesman makes it sound like you can buy a handgun from an ice cream truck.

There needs to be more earnest and detailed discussion about what really happens when honest people can carry firearms for self defense. There needs to be more discussion about the failure of gun control measures to curb violence. Pragmatic evidence is needed to overcome the emotional feelings people have regarding this issue. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed! The problem is: how to get the information out there where it could be absorbed by the masses. Can't count on TV stations to put something like that on air - an informed debate. Newspapers are no better than TV and even if they would, not as many people subscribe to the papers, or even pick one up.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]
    Well, we'll see if Fox is willing to save some face. Let's see if they respond to this... Feel free to write your own letters...(hint,hint):stickpoke:

To whom it may concern,
    I am a humble law abiding citizen living in Indiana. I am a member of a Forum located at INGunOwners.com. We have been sharing alot of things including a video on YouTube about the Firearms Dealer who sold the handgun to the Virginia Tech shooter and the guy from the Brady Campaign. We feel that your report on the issue was a little biased and too short to draw any conclusions. Plus there were alot of facts missing from the report.

We all have been talking and agree that a more lengthy disscussion on the matter is called for. I know that alot of people percieve guns as bad and evil, but what they fail to realize is that it's the people who use the guns for bad are the evil doers. Something people also fail to realize is that gun control laws only control the law abiding citizen. Any criminal can buy a gun on the street(AKA black market). Look at the sentence closely. Criminal. A person who breaks the LAW. Black Market. The buying and selling of ILLEGAL goods in an ILLEGAL market place. These people who commit evil acts with no previous criminal backgrounds or mental illnesses have an alternitive source of purchasing said firearms. If you effectivly ban all firearms, it is true as it is in England and Australia, only criminals will have guns.

Another point that has been discussed many times is self defense. If we have no guns to defend ourselves, what do you think will happen to our crime rates? One only needs to look to D.C. for the answers. Self-Defense is a Natural Human Right, outlined in the Constitution, but said by our Founding Fathers, not dependent on that document for it's existence. Yet people like the Brady Campaign are effectively trying to destroy that Freedom.

I ask that you have a big discussion program on this subject. Not just a few minutes, not just 30 minutes, no, I'm asking for AT least an hour. I'm asking that you have a huge series of discussions on this. Unbiased. I also ask that SOMEONE send me a response to this because we all at the forums will be waiting for a response. Thanks and have a great day.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Savage and the members of INGunOwners.com

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

[/FONT]

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOCKED 'N' LOADED: JOHN BLASTS BARACK

By CARL CAMPANILE

May 17, 2008 -- John McCain put Barack Obama in his sights yesterday while hunting for votes at the National Rifle Association's annual convention.
    Before his speech, the GOP presidential standard-bearer even visited a hunting shop - but bought a fishing rod and bobbers, not a rifle.
    McCain said he's been a staunch supporter of Second Amendment rights, while claiming Obama has often been hostile to gun owners.
    "I've opposed efforts to ban guns, ban ammunition, ban magazines and dismiss gun owners as some kind of fringe group unwelcome in modern America," McCain said during the NRA gathering in Louisville, Ky.
    Then, in a shot at Obama, McCain said, "The Second Amendment isn't some archaic custom that matters only to rural Americans, who find solace in firearms out of frustration with their economic circumstances."
    McCain was referring to Obama's infamous remarks that "bitter" Americans "cling" to guns and religion because of economic woes. carl.campanile@nypost.com

Top Bottom