• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    While I CC normally, there are time I would rather OC. Suggestions for a G19 that won’t break the bank.

looked at Alienware, but the modular system is cumbersome. Crossbreed looks good. Their ankle carry is pretty good.

Too many options, but want to make sure not missing anything crucial.

thankyou.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Dara holsters makes good stuff and offers retention options if that's important to you. I have one of their level 2 holsters and it's great. Plus they have quick ship options for a lot of their Glock 19 holsters. And they have a lifetime warranty

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You sound like OWB is not CC, but I digress. I carry concealed all the time and I only use OWB holsters.

If you are looking to switch from IWB to OWB, the choices are not as critical as with IWB since it basically hangs on your belt(talking Kydex, not leather here). With IWB, differences in holster design can mean the difference between being in pain or being relatively comfortable.

If you are looking at Kydex, there are a ton of choices and in reality the differences between, say, a OWB holster made by Bravo, Vedder or NSR are minute. Any of those would do.

My only stipulation for buying a holster is that the company must have a satisfaction guarantee. I don't want to be sitting on holsters that are virtually brand new that I don't like for some reason. And it seems that even at a drastically reduced price over new, they don't seem to sell very well. I have a nice Tucker leather holster in the classifieds that I haven't been able to move yet, even though it's over $60 below the price of a new one. And it's not really even broken in yet.

Case in point: I won't buy a NSR though I'd really like to try one. I bought a couple Vedder's and though they were nice, they were lacking some of the features that my Bravo's have so I returned them.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    For me, open carry means having an active retention device. Gun grab attempts are really rare, but they do happen. I am a big proponent of open carry, but I do everything I can to mitigate the risk of someone else ending up with my pistol. In terms of retention devices that don't slow down your draw, you can't beat the Safariland ALS. When I carried a Glock 19 it was the Safariland ALS system.

For regular concealed carry using an OWB holster, active retention is not a requirement, which opens it up to a lot more options. Personally, I like a slim kydex holster that rides high on the belt and stays tight to my body. I've had success with Raven Concealment, Bravo and Safariland.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Top Bottom