• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I had a clerk look at me slightly funny and ask if I was carrying. I said yes, and how did it know? He said he saw a bulge under my shirt. I told him I had a 9 and hoped he was getting nervous.
    He said "Hope, mine's bigger." and drew a 45 out.:):

:dunno:

This is how a ND situation happens.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I had a clerk look at me slightly funny and ask if I was carrying. I said yes, and how did it know? He said he saw a bulge under my shirt. I told him I had a 9 and hoped he was getting nervous.
    He said "Hope, mine's bigger." and drew a 45 out.:):

You still talking guns I hope right??? :lmfao:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    You didn't do anything wrong. He over-reacted big-time, never even realized you were just admiring his piece. I'm all for OC, but for somebody who is that over-sensitive, maybe they should consider CC. :rolleyes:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Negative. It wasn't pointed, and he handed it to me a moment later while I handed him mine. I'm not explaining it well, but all was safe and fine.

Unless you were in an area where an ND wouldn't have gotten you in any trouble or damaged anything it shouldn't have it wasn't a wise move. If you want to do some show and tell buy a fancy piece of jewelry and leave your gun in its holster.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So, while standing in line at a local eatery to pick up my called in order, I noticed that the guy in front of me was OC. I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece. .45 colt was all i could make out before he spun around, hand rested on the grip and spit out "the **** you lookin at boy?"
    Looked me up and down, grabbed his bag of food, and left.

first, i was standing 3 feet back from him
    second, i'm 6'2" 300
    third, i'm 37 with a scraggly beard (i hate shaving) so "boy" isn't really a term I would apply to myself.

did i break some unspoken rule of open carry etiquette? I wasn't standing on top of the guy. I wasn't threatening in any way. I wasn't reaching to touch his big freakin revolver. I was simply looking, from a respectable distance, at the gun hanging off his belt.

I'm sure it's just another case of the guy with the colt having watched too many Yeager videos.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Wonder when the Bunnykid guy will see this.

HOLY CRAP :eek: - THAT'S THE GUY!!!!!

He just saw it.

gaybunny.jpg

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Negative. It wasn't pointed, and he handed it to me a moment later while I handed him mine. I'm not explaining it well, but all was safe and fine.

This is gonna come across like I'm an a-hole, but since when does "It wasn't pointed" or "he handed it to me a moment later while I handed him mine" mean their was no chance of a negligent discharge?

You and a total stranger unholstered your carry weapons and then either cleared your weapons or handed loaded weapons to each other.

Your choice and you were fine with it. I get that. Me? No thanks. I'll keep mine holstered and ask the other person to do the same.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Some people just lack in people skills. I had a teacher like that, knew a Marion County Sheriff's deputy with the same type 'tude (we became great friends), and my EX wifey a few days a month.
    Maybe it was just a bad cycle or something. LOL!

Top Bottom