• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I understand that guns are I high demand, but this is getting ridiculous. Gun shops raising prices on guns still available online.
    Glock for $700 while still available readily new if you take the time to look.
    And for the classifieds... all over the place and these are generally for used guns. A used gun should never be more than a new gun. And they are like cars, they depreciate to an extent. I used to buy from INGO users and still do, because they weren’t acting as dealers. They would sell for a fair price. I’m not one to try to cash in on trying times, but me selling my PSA for $600 (what I had into it) was apparently a mistake, because apparently PSA is longer an entry level AR at some of the prices I’m seeing. Sorry for the vent. I prefer FTF legal sales, but not when I can get the same gun new for $100 less. And I get it... if people are willing to spend the money more power to em... not this guy.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    A used gun should never be more than a new gun.
    Not sure I agree with the above statement. Lots of guns appreciate when they’re no longer made, but still considered desirable due to scarcity, government restrictions and the like. Original Colt Pythons come to mind as well as machine guns due to the government (probably cost $1,000 new but good luck getting one for less than $20K today).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Not sure I agree with the above statement. Lots of guns appreciate when they’re no longer made, but still considered desirable due to scarcity, government restrictions and the like. Original Colt Pythons come to mind as well as machine guns due to the government (probably cost $1,000 new but good luck getting one for less than $20K today).

Exceptions are not the rule.

You are going to pay more for a 1969 Mustang over new compared to trying to sell a 2019 Mustang in 2020 for 25% more than what you paid originally.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I guess I could have clarified... I’m talking current manufacture firearms and not limited editions or classics. Yes a Colt SAA was $20 new in the late 1800’s and possibly worth $20000 today. I’m referring to the basic stock $399 M&P 9mm going for $500 plus.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Couple questions;

Can you really get the advertised gun for less? Do they really have it? Has the advertisement truly been updated and the product actually in stock?

If the online advertisement is true and they actually do have it for purchase, how fast do you chew up that $100 in shipping, sales tax and transfer fees?

Bonus question;

Is the presently legal private sale, without a paper trail, of any value considering what might become of our Second Amendment in the coming years?

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Couple questions;

Can you really get the advertised gun for less? Do they really have it? Has the advertisement truly been updated and the product actually in stock?

If the online advertisement is true and they actually do have it for purchase, how fast do you chew up that $100 in shipping, sales tax and transfer fees?

Bonus question;

Is the presently legal private sale, without a paper trail, of any value considering what might become of our Second Amendment in the coming years?
    Yes, the gun can be actually obtained and calculations include roughly what it would cost to get it in hand, and yes, FTF does add some value.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I used to buy from INGO users and still do, because they weren’t acting as dealers. They would sell for a fair price. I’m not one to try to cash in on trying times,

I could be wrong but aren't you the same person that had a $500 shotgun listed for $800 in the classifieds very recently.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I could be wrong but aren't you the same person that had a $500 shotgun listed for $800 in the classifieds very recently.
    I did list a shotgun. As far as the price, I google the gun, make and model. Compared prices of guns in stock, which there weren’t. Referred to gunbroker and other sites that had bids on them for over $950.
    I sold the gun for well below what it could be obtained for.
    My point isn’t raising prices do to supply and demand. It’s a current manufactured gun being marked way above value when it can still me obtained I guess. Midwest Gun Exchange has a ton of guns the last time I was there at still decent pricing. I don’t hate the comments I posted for the response and debate.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    I saw a couple like that in classifieds recently. They beat the most expensive shop by $100. Guns are sitting on the shelf in this shop because they are $100 or more above prices that people will pay even with lack of supply. Would have bought, but not at $100 more than new and with extra driving involved. Figured I would wait for the inevitable price drop. :twocents:

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    While I agree with your premise, I would have to admit that, we're I in a selling mood, or needed additional cash because of covid lockdowns, or whatever, if I could sell a $300 or $400 firearm for $500 or $600, or more, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Like the gentleman before you mentioned I sold a gun recently for a profit. But I researched the availability and current pricing before listing. I’m gonna have to go back and reread my post maybe I didn’t not express my thoughts as clearly as intended. And I didn’t solely mean the INGO classifieds. Armslist....holy cow, $700 for a well used Glock. $400 for a Taurus Millennium.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    In times like this, IF I have something I am willing to part with. Meaning no matter what, I won't regret selling it, even if it would sell for more in the future. I put them on gunbroker, that to me is the current market.
    Not what someone THINKS their gun is worth, or what they paid for it, or I can get it cheaper somewhere else.
    I try and start my auctions at fair prices, and it usually works.

And when I see WTB ads on here, what I am really seeing is someone that may have waited way to long because they want one for a steal.
    Then they post a WTB in hopes someone on here will give them a deal.
    I have maintained a gunbroker acct. since 2004 for this very reason.
    I sell it, ship it, leave Positive feedback and get the same in return. Then I never have to hear about it again.

As gun owners in this hobby, we go through this every time there is a perceived notion that something may happen to our gun rights.
    I stocked up on ammo when it was cheap, I just wish I would have bought even more.
    I know when things settle down or get to a "new normal" in pricing I will not hold back on ammo buying.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

When in stock, $330 at Rural King.

When none to be found and demand is high, apparently, $800+.

What's it worth? Whatever a buyer and seller agree to...

As long as someone's not buying up the available supply just to sell/scalp at an inflated price *shrugs*

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Good time to barter... inflated price gun for inflated price ammo... ask me how I know. :cool:

Spoiler alert:
    NIB gun for my favorite green tip. Worked out "equal" using old prices or new prices... win-win.

Top Bottom