• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That is the imaginary number you plan to spend on shooting each year. Shift the decimal point one place to get closer to reality
    The voice of experience, O wise one! :)
    After 3 yrs of spending more every year, this is the year I am on track to spend 1/3 of what I did last year.
    I have had my share of "extras" this year, so it is possible for me to even trim a little more next year.
    It is a dream, at least. :dunno:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I have several that I have way to much into, but have learned to keep factory parts. I replace back to close to factory(always leave a couple of goodies on them) if I decide to sell. My downfall is anything Ruger Rimfire. I just can't pass them up. Whether it is rifle or pistol.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I have 2 right now, and 1 more in the works.
    Bought this one from Kirby road gunstore the day they closed. Last gun on the shelf. He told me it came back 3 times due to being a jam-o-matic. Its neat-o, so offered him $300 for it and it was mine. Ended up sending it to Tussey custom (RIP) and had $1200 put into it. New guts, beavertail and bobtail. It runs great, but couldn't get $1500 out of it.

low rex.jpg

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    #2 is a Colt with a 7" AMT slide mated to it, also worked over by Terry Tussey. Slide tightened up, coned barrel, beaver-tail, FLGR, all the internals, refinished to match. Also has the origional slide reworked and matched. $2K worth of work. Could maybe get the money back out of it since it is a 7" low.jpg

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I ended up with a PSA AK74 after prices were going up near the top because I couldn't get ammo sold for it and figured I might as well have a gun that shoots the ammo.

Now the 74 prices are waaaaay down.

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    Only pistol that comes to mind, for me, was a Super Comanche. 45 Colt/.410 single shot that I bought years ago.
    Thing looked like a single action grip and sorta frame with a break open barrel.

Now, I didn't dump any extra money into it, but I bought the thing for like $169 and had high hopes for it. I thought I would kill deer with in, in November, with .45 Colt ammo and then shoot bunnies with it, in January with .410.

They thing never ran right, from the day I brought it home. Would not group .45 Colt. I took it back to the LGS where I bought it and he sent it in.

About a month later, I went in the shop and asked if he had heard anything about it. He said, Oh yeah. They said it was unsafe to shoot and they weren't sending it back. Here is your refund.

I was kinda dumbstruck. I at least expected to get a replacement gun, if that one couldn't be fixed. Never did get my deer/bunny pistol.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Just about every gun I've owned I put too much money into to recoup the investment.
    Just do like I do and tell your wife its an "investment in precious metal" (ok, some plastic too). Works for me up to the point when she says she wants some precious metal too - but not the kind I'm talking about. Guess, in the long run, it keeps me in check as long as I appropriate funds for her at the same time.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    About 10 years ago, I got a notion that I needed a Mauser HSc and got into a bidding war on GB over this one. I won it for $565 which was pretty high for back then.

It turns out that it will do everything my Walther PPK can do; but, it is wider, longer, heavier and less dependable than the PPK. I should have just bought another PPK!

uadUQgN.jpg

Top Bottom