• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    I was out on an extended jaunt seeking ammunition for my 2½" chambered B.S.A. double barrel that I recently bought at 500 Guns in Indy. I stopped at Outdoorsman Sport Shop and they had a selection of 12 bore ammunition from 2¼" to 3½". I got several boxes of 2¼" 00 buckshot and a box of 2½" birdshot. They also had an extensive selection of 20 bore ammunition including several sizes of buckshot for the 20 bore; something I don't see closer to home. I thought their prices were a little high, but they had a SELECTION and the local shops ammo shelves were pretty much bare as Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard due to the Covid Cooties. A couple weeks later, I made the 140 mile trip down there and acquired some more 20 bore and 12 bore buckshot. I rec'd friendly, courteous service.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Haven't been in there for a coon's age, but when I did, there was always good, friendly service from the archery shop,
    general sporting goods and the gun counter.
    Best I can recall, the young fella was Doug and I believe his Pops worked there too.
    Good folks all the way around.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Just picked up a new CZ Custom shadow Il Target to add to my collection from The Outdoorsman Shop on Monday. Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and fast.
    Can’t have too many CZ’s.
    Ain't no cylinder on that there CZ.
    I'll be waiting on the review of that CZ and the 9mm PCC ya pair with it.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Ain't no cylinder on that there CZ.
    I'll be waiting on the review of that CZ and the 9mm PCC ya pair with it.
    I’ve been shooting PCC for over 50 years…. Just in a Model 92 mind you, but it might have been the first Pistol Caliber Carbine. 44-40

Maybe I will have it milled for a dot?…..

Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Recently I went in and bought several cans of powder and didn't pay over $40 per can. I found them to have an extensive ammo selection. Just wish they had some BH209.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I too have had great results. When they didnt have the fishing item I needed during covid, they jotted what I wanted down and told me to come back next week. Sure enough, they had them. (while nobody else in town did)

And they also were freely speaking, giving some insight as so why nobody else had them. They were smart enough to find another supplier so they could help their customers instead of just chalking the outage up and relying on other sales like everybody else.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Haven’t been there for years but I recall it being an “old school” Sporting Goods store with a decent gun department. Never bought a gun there but have bought several other items from them. One of the first shops in the area to carry CZ rifles. I may need to make a trip over that way to check them out again.

Top Bottom