• TGM123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2020
    Zionsville
    Outdoor range on the NW side of Indy?

Hi,

Newbie question so I appreciate your patience...

I am looking for an outdoor range that I can shoot pistol (inc. holster draw) and do some <100 yard AR work. Seems like there are lots of options but the closer to the NW side of Indy the better. I was hoping I could get some advice from the group as to which ones to try.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Tom

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Have you considered Maroon County Fish & Game? Join up at the next board meeting and you’ll get 15 months for the price of 12. You’ll need to check the website to see if you qualify for any training you have or you might need to show up early the day of the meeting if you can sign up for the approved training course offered the day of the meeting.No centerfire rifle caliber allowed there but a simple .22LR conversion for your AR and you’re good to go for 100 yards or less. Plus you’ll save lots of money on ammo and still be able to work on your gun handling skills for most close combat situations.You can also draw from an approved holster when using one of their pistol bays. Here’s their website (read and understand the rules, they take them very seriously there:https://indyrange.net/

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Hi,

Newbie question so I appreciate your patience...

I am looking for an outdoor range that I can shoot pistol (inc. holster draw) and do some <100 yard AR work. Seems like there are lots of options but the closer to the NW side of Indy the better. I was hoping I could get some advice from the group as to which ones to try.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Tom

Crawfordsville Gun Club may be your best bet. Easy drive and a 100 yard range of here you can rock out the AR15.
    Very reasonable membership fee too.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Crawfordsville Gun Club may be your best bet. Easy drive and a 100 yard range of here you can rock out the AR15.
    Very reasonable membership fee too.

Questioning the "rock out the ar15 quote" Range rules are 2 seconds between shots on the 100 yard rifle range, Is a good outdoor range there is a complete new set of range rules and everyone is expected to abide by them, range officer and board members are there more often to keep infractions to a minimum.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    I’d only recently learned of some of the fun events at MCF&G, but see that the events are still pretty much canceled. The last update that i see is from June, so a little surprised that there's not a planned date to get back to shooting before the cold hits, but I don't have an appreciation of how much effort is needed to set up the events.

Do members get to shoot steel on non-event days, or is that just an event activity?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’d only recently learned of some of the fun events at MCF&G, but see that the events are still pretty much canceled. The last update that i see is from June, so a little surprised that there's not a planned date to get back to shooting before the cold hits, but I don't have an appreciation of how much effort is needed to set up the events.

Do members get to shoot steel on non-event days, or is that just an event activity?

Steel is available in the bays as well as some on the main range. Not sure how much on the main range these days as I only shoot in the bays when I go.

Top Bottom