OSUT#245 - May spring be upon us....time for some sunny days!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Also, remember that a suppressor can not stop the noise of the sonic crack as the bullet exits
    Or if it's a semi auto and the action cycles back letting some noise bypass the suppressor.

I buy subsonics for the 9 and the 22.
    But I don't think that's gonna happen with a .223 or .308
    Right. I think it's more for a hearing protection kinda thing with the rifles.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Howdy Coop. Seems to be okay now. Xfinity gets wonky once in awhile.
    Yeah I dumped the cable a while back and went to the app scenario.
    Now all the app’s costs are about what cable was. We had spectrum at the time but they were hosing us on fees. So I asked for a price break, and they denied. I told them to stick it. Now I get a fancy letter from them each week asking me to come back with a low (BS) rate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just had Xfinity do a system refresh since it wonked out again. For what I'm paying for cable, phone and internet, I expect perfection, 100%. They don't seem to be able to provide that. :xmad:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah I dumped the cable a while back and went to the app scenario.
    Now all the app’s costs are about what cable was. We had spectrum at the time but they were hosing us on fees. So I asked for a price break, and they denied. I told them to stick it. Now I get a fancy letter from them each week asking me to come back with a low (BS) rate.
    I've thought about cutting cable, but we really only have one "truly" smart tv that connects to the 'net on its own (without a cable box) as far as I know. I don't know how all that stuff works though. We have Paramount+ as an add-on, but again, that's through Xfinity. I don't think I could get it without some kind of cable service.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I've thought about cutting cable, but we really only have one "truly" smart tv that connects to the 'net on its own (without a cable box) as far as I know. I don't know how all that stuff works though. We have Paramount+ as an add-on, but again, that's through Xfinity. I don't think I could get it without some kind of cable service.
    Yes they all play the shell game with sleight of hand. It’s all a racket truly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DD, I have great luck with AT&T fiber.
    I've thought about going with them now that they're in our area, but by the time I get to the same level of services that I have with Xfinity, there's really no cost savings.

Plus I'd have to redo all my network settings for work, etc.. I'd probably need to take a day off to get all that done, and I'd have to have them do it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom