OSUT#245 - May spring be upon us....time for some sunny days!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Afternoon gents. Beautiful day.

So was to have minor surgery- trigger release, my 6th. Arrive at7:45. Surgery about 8:30. About half hour surgery, about half hour “recovery”, should be out 9:30, 9:45. Wrong. Previous surgery ended up being extended due to complications so about :930-9:45 I finally got to surgery. Next problem mine ended up not so simple. Ended up putting on a tourniquet at shoulder & a Lot more cutting downward from upper palm, etc. but still wasn’t corrected. Ended up cutting upwards from original cut and took out a tendon from hand to middle joint of middle finger. So much longer surgery than planned. Now bandaged up much more than was planning. Normally 3 days to remove, this 1 is 10 days, keep clean, dry, etc. Doesn’t fit my lifestyle. Anyway so just got home

IMG_6357.jpeg IMG_6356.jpeg

and right hand and am right handed. I think it is time for a pain pill but gotta find my wife cause I can’t open the bottle. I foresee a fun 10 days lie ahead.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Afternoon gents. Beautiful day.

So was to have minor surgery- trigger release, my 6th. Arrive at7:45. Surgery about 8:30. About half hour surgery, about half hour “recovery”, should be out 9:30, 9:45. Wrong. Previous surgery ended up being extended due to complications so about :930-9:45 I finally got to surgery. Next problem mine ended up not so simple. Ended up putting on a tourniquet at shoulder & a Lot more cutting downward from upper palm, etc. but still wasn’t corrected. Ended up cutting upwards from original cut and took out a tendon from hand to middle joint of middle finger. So much longer surgery than planned. Now bandaged up much more than was planning. Normally 3 days to remove, this 1 is 10 days, keep clean, dry, etc. Doesn’t fit my lifestyle. Anyway so just got home

View attachment 278168 View attachment 278169

and right hand and am right handed. I think it is time for a pain pill but gotta find my wife cause I can’t open the bottle. I foresee a fun 10 days lie ahead.
    Tuesday I see a surgeon about my gallbladder.
    But, at least it won't interfere with opening the pain pill bottle. :)
    Hope everything is good with your recovery.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I will be fine, been thru much worse many times just not according to the way I had things planned. Doc told my wife I am restricted from working around home, just rest and recoup. Told her he will release me a day or 2 before my next fishing trip in July. She didn’t fall for it. But I wont be trim mowing, string trimming, etc.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I remember the time, a neighbor's cat kept coming in my yard to poop.
    I was so intent on pumping the pistol to shoot the cat, that my finger got between the lever and the barrel.
    YIKES!
    FYI, I only pumped it a few times. I was intending to scare off the cat, NOT to kill it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember the time, a neighbor's cat kept coming in my yard to poop.
    I was so intent on pumping the pistol to shoot the cat, that my finger got between the lever and the barrel.
    YIKES!
    FYI, I only pumped it a few times. I was intending to scare off the cat, NOT to kill it.
    One of the reviews I read about the Crossman I got warned about pinching your fingers when pumping it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't have a pistol, but have thought about getting one. In the city limits even a pellet gun is illegal to shoot, although I do, a pistol would be a little less obvious.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When I was in the LGS this week, there was a young fella, maybe mid to late 20;s that was looking for his first gun. He was looking for cheap and maybe a revolver. So he was looking at this Taurus. He was just a mess walking around, going back and forth looking at a couple of others. Poor guy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't have a pistol, but have thought about getting one. In the city limits even a pellet gun is illegal to shoot, although I do, a pistol would be a little less obvious.
    Hard to believe I used to be able to shoot my .22 and even my 12 gauge here and nobody thought anything about it. Didn't do it a lot, but on occasion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom