Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yep, Glenlivet single malt 14 yr. Be careful.

I’m a bourbon guy also. For everyday. Just discovered Bullet it’s a good drink. Picked up a bottle of Four Roses but haven’t had the opportunity to try it. If I’m just having a sip after dinner I’ll pour a couple fingers of Jim Beam. I don’t do soda pop or ice or any of that stuff. Just put it in a rocks glass n sip.
    yeah, I usually have it neat, sometimes on the rocks. Although there is a local place here that makes a killer Old Fashioned, and they also do a Barrel Aged Manhattan :drool:

Reactions: Mij

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    the closest thing to a scotch that I really liked was Red Breast, I think it was the 12 year
    Several years ago, a buddy and I were camping and a couple of geo-cachers pulled up to our site in a canoe and asked if they could camp there too. They were good dudes, so we said yes. We were drinking beer and Jagermeister and they had some kind of scotch (I think it was good stuff but have no idea what it was). It got late and we took a couple pulls off their bottle. The best way I can describe it is that it was like "drinking" a cigar. :): By that I mean that it had a very smokey flavor. Wasn't horrible, but not really my cup of tea.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Several years ago, a buddy and I were camping and a couple of geo-cachers pulled up to our site in a canoe and asked if they could camp there too. They were good dudes, so we said yes. We were drinking beer and Jagermeister and they had some kind of scotch (I think it was good stuff but have no idea what it was). It got late and we took a couple pulls off their bottle. The best way I can describe it is that it was like "drinking" a cigar. :): By that I mean that it had a very smokey flavor. Wasn't horrible, but not really my cup of tea.
    It’s all about the aging container. I can see a charred bbl. doing exactly that.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I seem to remember something about a peat smoking process too, or am I imagining that?
    Don’t really know, and at the risk of being dubbed a snob, myself and a few close friends sit around the fire and look for all of the different flavors we find in each other’s bottles of chosen brew. It runs the gamete from flowers to fruit, smoke, sweetness, caramel, corn, rye, malt. Makes for an enjoyable fire. Let’s you’re brain get a brake from everyday troubles. We usually talk about guns at the same time.

edit: you know…guy stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom