• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Originally I posted this in the "songs you hate to love" thread but it really belongs here as well.

Wasn't always a country ballad. Actually this could go in the "Covers" thread. :)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    A cover should pay homage to the original but still be done so you know another band is doing it. It own style so to speak. Some bands play a note for note beat for beat cover just like they learned it following the record. I guess nothing wrong there but still the song should stand on it is but be preformed with the bands own style.

Being a bass loving grove guy the chick on the standup bass is outstanding. A female singing about a man picking up a trannyin soho is a bit weird but she has some vocal chops.

A ska/punk cover of ah ha’s take on me.
    I think this is what I am saying in the first sentence.

Following in the amazing bass line take a true funk song by Stevie wonder and have a jam band play it. In my old Phishing days I have seen the song go as short as 5 minutes and as kings as 20 some.

And the gourds covering snoop dog so bluegrass cover or a rap song.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Leonid and Friends do pretty much perfect covers.
    My time in high school coincided with Chicago’s original fame, and they were my favorite band. We covered a lot of their songs in high school pep band … perhaps not quite as well as Leonid and Friends. Fun to play tho.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I can’t say that I like this cover more than the original, but I really do like it. It’s a purely instrumental one and I think it’s fantastic:

Top Bottom