• low power

Results are only viewable after voting.

redgreenrider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Decatur county
    I have a Springfield XDm 10mm I would like to hunt with. It has the optics plate and suppressor height sights on it. I'm looking for some optics to mount on it for deer hunting. I've tried a Holosun 507c on it, but I'm not too thrilled with its advantage over iron sights.
    What recommendations does everyone have?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Iron sights at 10mm distances should prove adequate. I am uncomfortable shooting past about 40 yds with mine. Figure a bow is a better choice for me usually in that situation. Much quieter.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Several options I use. Being a veteran, I get a sizable discount from two manufacturers.
    Swampfox & Hi-Lux.
    I run the Swampfox Justice on my P80 10mm.
    I prefer a circle dot reticle though and I use the Hi-Lux TD-3C for most of those applications. I also like the Holosun 507CX2. All of the ones mentioned have the RMR mounting footprint.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Several options I use. Being a veteran, I get a sizable discount from two manufacturers.
    Swampfox & Hi-Lux.
    I run the Swampfox Justice on my P80 10mm.
    I prefer a circle dot reticle though and I use the Hi-Lux TD-3C for most of those applications. I also like the Holosun 507CX2. All of the ones mentioned have the RMR mounting footprint.
    This is the way to go.
    I've got a 507c x2 on my Taurus 44mag 6.5", and it has made it so that I can hunt early, and late hunts much easier.
    I hunt in the woods, and it gets darker faster. I can see the deer, but I couldn't see my front sight anymore.
    Fiber optic front, and rear still needs a decent amount of light to light up, and in the woods early morning, or late evening they are a failure. I highly doubt me pulling my flashlight up and spotting my sights would be taken kindly by a game warden.
    So I mounted the 507c x2 on my 44mag, and what a difference. Absolutely made a world of difference for those low light hunts.

Top Bottom