• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    I work with a guy that called a little bit ago, and offered up a Springfield AR15 5.56.
    It's brand new, in the box, hasn't even been loaded. He bought it, and his boss (wife) wasn't pleased.
    He held onto it for a little while, but now they have some unexpected repair costs.
    I read some reviews, and Springfield seems to be decent quality, at a decent price tag.
    Although, looking online, the prices seem to be all over the place.

While looking, I also peeked at the Daniel Defense DDM4 I think it is.
    It has stellar reviews, but it also reflects in their price.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That would be the Saint AR. They started at about $800 (I think) when they came out several years back. They are decent rifles but I don't think they are in line with a DD. More on par with say S&W.

As to what they are worth now???? Ask him what he wants for it.

Lpherr

Occupied
    That would be the Saint AR. They started at about $800 (I think) when they came out several years back. They are decent rifles but I don't think they are in line with a DD. More on par with say S&W.

As to what they are worth now???? Ask him what he wants for it.
    I'm unsure what he paid, but he said I could have it for $700, which is why I was curious about the quality. It seems most brands that I've been directed to, start at $1K+.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    the saint is a entry level AR. Slap on a sling and strat firing rounds.normally a flat top Most come with m loc hand guard chrome moly barrel ect. At 700 sure go for it. An anderson kit gun is 600

Resale fair to below average some people will not buy from Springfield after some nasty stuff they tried to pull on gun laws. That will eliminate a few buyers off the top. At 700 you will be ok and can use it for several years and get about that back out of it. I don’t think you will make money over time but that is not always a deal breaker.

Personally I have shot one and it was well an AR. I do know it got about 800-1000 rounds fired over a two weekend binge from the owner without a cleaning and was still working very well with dirty ammo so I would say better that an average Ar out of the box for that price. One mag he had did do some weird stuff the first 3-4 rounds off the mag. We marked the mags and only one wanted to mis feed if loaded with 30 rounds at 20 rounds in the mag it ran fine so it was a p mag issue not a gun issue.

Just a random few thought on the saint.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Think of the Springfield, S&W as a nice GMC (or Ford if your a Ford guy) and the DD as a Cadillac with onstar all the Siri’s XM etc (or Lincoln for you Ford guys LOl)

I have a S&W and Rock River and would put the Springfield in that group. I also see no reason to get a DD as they do everything I want but do what makes you happy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Buy it. Good guns. And a great deal. You wont find a better deal I dont think.

And sometimes buddies make you a deal you cant refuse. I bought my Kimber for $750 because my buddy wanted to make room in his safe, he didnt NEED the money (he is well off) and knew I'd pay that for the new Ruger I was looking at. I later passed the favor on to another friend and sold it for the same so he could gift it to his son that was about to ship out for the military.

And that gave me the $$ I needed to invest in an AR-9. Which has seen FAR more action than that safe queen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm unsure what he paid, but he said I could have it for $700, which is why I was curious about the quality. It seems most brands that I've been directed to, start at $1K+.
    I have owned 2 of these. 1 carbine and 1 pistol. They both were spot on and I personally rank them mid lever rifles.
    Fit/finish we’re pretty good overall.
    Accurate as the operator and never any issues.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Lpherr
    Not sure What model you are looking at but A quik check at the Ruralking guns page the new saints are selling on there for $899

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would buy it as soon as possible, before he offers it to someone else.
    By you taking the time to "shop" it around, it could be gone when you call him.
    Judging by replies, had he put it on here, you wouldn't even have a chance at it.

Lpherr

Occupied
    And if you think your buddy really needs the money, it wouldnt be bad to give him $800 if you want to be more fair to him and help him out. Its still a great deal and he's not getting screwed.
    We had lunch today so I could ask more about it.
    I offered him $800, but he refused because he already told me the price. We talked back and forth, and he agreed to $750, but he's adding 5 new in the bag 30 round gen 3 P mags.

Looking up the model number, I believe this is it.

I'll pick it up this week.

This forum has some bad influencers.:thumbsup:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    We had lunch today so I could ask more about it.
    I offered him $800, but he refused because he already told me the price. We talked back and forth, and he agreed to $750, but he's adding 5 new in the bag 30 round gen 3 P mags.

Looking up the model number, I believe this is it.

I'll pick it up this week.

This forum has some bad influencers.
    A hell of a deal.

Enjoy it!

Top Bottom