• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    You're gonna need to give a lot more information before any good answer can come from this.

For starters: What are you trying to rebarrel?

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    Pre threaded, contoured barrels for bolt action rifles occasionally come short chambered, but usually are not. The threads almost always mate well but occasionally need touched up in a lathe by single point thread cutting. Clambering needs to be done on a properly equipped lathe for best accuracy.
    Most gunsmith prefer a pre contoured barrel given how time consuming contouring a barrel is.
    Compared to the number of different actions and thread patterns relatively few precontoured barrels are threaded for actions.
    Best answer I can give given the little detail in the question.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Me personally, pre fit. Barrel comes contoured, crowned, threaded, blued and sort chambered.....it's a lot of bang for the buck......

dennadam

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    allen park
    Me personally, pre fit. Barrel comes contoured, crowned, threaded, blued and sort chambered.....it's a lot of bang for the buck......
    I was checking out Criterion Barrels . Criterion has per fit barrels for the howa 1500 but need a barrel nut, my gun doesn't have a nut.
    Im thinking the stock would have to be altered for the nut. anything else? would the barrel be a drop in other then the nut work?

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I have had great luck with Douglas barrel....., most suppliers offer the "barrel nut" option, but can be had without nut as well.
    The barrel nut is a cheap & easy way for the factory to headspace a rifle

Top Bottom